Small Leak?

Jul 15, 2016
Florida
I've been trouble shooting leaks in my pool now for a few months and haven't been able to seal up most of them but I'm still losing water at a rate of about 5GPH. I determined this using the bucket test and the amount of volume lost in the pool over 48hrs otherwise. My question is, am I going to be able to find a ~5GPH leak using a traditional needle die method or am I wasting my time trying to find this size of a leak myself vs calling in a professional?

Thanks

5GPH??? Have you turned your pump off for a few days to see if you still lose water? Sure a professional leak detection company isn't cheap but they can usually find the problem in a shorter amount of time vs you spending days or weeks searching for it.

Leaks can drive a person crazy.

5 gallons per hour. Is that a normal size, small, large? Yes, I have turned off the pump but I didn't go to the extend of plugging any inlets or outlets (jets, skimmer, etc). And yes, they are about to drive me crazy. I think it may be worth it to spend the $200 for someone else to find it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.