Scotsman in Texas - first time pool owner

Mar 23, 2017
TEXAS
Hey,

I am a first time pool owner and someone who is not familiar with pools at all. I paid for a pool school from my local pool shop and i think i have the basics. Though the water testing looked a bit complicated and i need to order a new test kit. Any suggestions? I seen this company called PHin advertised as they can monitor the pool and send all the info to your phone, seemed pricey. I have a salt water pool which is about 2 years old i am told.

Also, one more thing would be how common is it to find living wolf spiders and maybe fishing spiders in your skimmers? I am finding them every time i clean it and it is freaking me out! I googled Texas spiders and these are the culprits. Any tips to stop this? I have the robot thingy as well which seems pretty decent for cleaning. All tips and experiences are really welcome - total beginner

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Test kit?... TF-100 no question (link below in my sig). You will be guaranteed great accuracy and reliable testing from home. It's not as hard as they make it seem, and we'll be glad to help if needed. The instructions in the kit are very good. As for those spiders .... well........ they love our water. :swim: I posted on your other thread as well. :)

j4ck,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all your pool and spider questions... :snorkle:

Actually that's not true as I know squat about spiders. But I do find them in my skimmers quite often.

Just wanted to say welcome from one Scotsman to another.. I was born in Bathgate near Edinburgh.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Test kit?... TF-100 no question (link below in my sig). You will be guaranteed great accuracy and reliable testing from home. It's not as hard as they make it seem, and we'll be glad to help if needed. The instructions in the kit are very good. As for those spiders .... well........ they love our water. :swim: I posted on your other thread as well. :)

Thanks, will take a look at that kit and get one ordered. It does seem confusing but i want to stay on top of it as we will use the pool a lot.

j4ck,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all your pool and spider questions... :snorkle:

Actually that's not true as I know squat about spiders. But I do find them in my skimmers quite often.

Just wanted to say welcome from one Scotsman to another.. I was born in Bathgate near Edinburgh.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Ha thanks, i am from Glasgow so this pool game is a new one. As is dealing with Texas sized insects. I am actually now debating screening in the pool Florida style to ease my pain. The mrs who is a Native Texan thinks i am mental! ha.