Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hello everyone!

I am building a new home and would like to get some advice. So my architect suggested that I built a pool equipment room inside my pool house. I do not think is a good idea as maintainence maybe more difficult and the noise from equipment may go to the pool house. Does anyone here has their equipment inside their pool house? Does anyone think this is a bad idea and why? My wife want the equipment inside the pool house so is hidden, but I am not so sure is a good idea. Any help and personal experience will be appreciated. Thanks

Im having a pool built and a pool house at the same time. The pool house will be 24 x 36 and about 11x24 will be sectioned off as storage with garage door access - originally designed for pool equipment. Every pool builder I met with recommended NOT putting the pool equipment inside the pool house. It was one of the only unanimous recommendations from every PB.....so we eventually took it. We will now have that extra internal area for storage and we are having all of the pool equipment outside. It will still be in an area that you will not see from the pool...but our first plan of having it inside has been squashed.

Im still toying with the idea of putting a roof over the equipment....but Im close to letting go of that also!

Thanks for the comments. Really appreciate it.

Im having a pool built and a pool house at the same time. The pool house will be 24 x 36 and about 11x24 will be sectioned off as storage with garage door access - originally designed for pool equipment. Every pool builder I met with recommended NOT putting the pool equipment inside the pool house. It was one of the only unanimous recommendations from every PB.....so we eventually took it. We will now have that extra internal area for storage and we are having all of the pool equipment outside. It will still be in an area that you will not see from the pool...but our first plan of having it inside has been squashed.

Im still toying with the idea of putting a roof over the equipment....but Im close to letting go of that also!

R,

I can understand why you would not want the equipment pad to be "inside" your pool house, but it seems to me that it could very well be part of the pool house.

My equipment is in a shed that is attached to my house. It could easily be a shed attached to a pool house.

Some of the things that would be important are:

1. Things may get wet when doing maintenance, so you need someplace for the water to go.

2. It has to be roomy enough to work around the equipment and high enough to get the filter lid off.

3. I don't like the idea encasing the pool plumbing in concrete. I have a gravel trench around the pad itself, for the pipes to come through and water to drain out.

4. My shed has lights which also keep the shed a little warmer in our non-winters that we have in Texas. Not sure how that would work in the frozen North.

I can't understand the universal PB recommendation not to put the equipment off of a pool house, but then I'm the kind of guy that would have asked .. "Why Not?"

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

R,

I can't understand the universal PB recommendation not to put the equipment off of a pool house, but then I'm the kind of guy that would have asked .. "Why Not?"

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Sorry as I may have miscommunicated something. The universal recommendation WAS for the equipment to be off of the pool house......and for the equipment to not be INSIDE the poolhouse.

They all like it right off of it....none liked it inside of it.

I agree with Jim. I would post on the side of the pool house with a roof (high enough to make sure you have plenty clearance while working on it. We do not have a roof on our equipment pad, and it is the one thing that I wish I had. I get concerned with the pump in the raid/bad weather. However, it hasn't hurt it yet, so I guess it's not a big deal. Also, as Kat will tell you, make sure you have a light over it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.