Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clogged Only Main Drain Pipe...HELP

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Clogged Only Main Drain Pipe...HELP

While draining my pool, some debris has clogged my main drain pipe. So, I am needing to remove the Only Main Drain Cover (SMod 07017-0751) took out my screw driver...to discover the 2 tiny holes I thought were the screw holes WEREN'T. Not sure how to remove cover...?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clogged Only Main Drain Pipe...HELP

Do you think the debris came in from the main drain or the skimmer?

Can you run a hose or snake from the pump end *backwards* to force the debris back the way it got in?

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Clogged Only Main Drain Pipe...HELP

Are the screws the security bit type? They look like a Torx pattern with a pin in the middle. That's how my covers are. You'll need a security bit to remove it. Cheap sets are available at Harbor Freight...and they are cheap in price and quality, i.e. the little hole to accept the pin may not be in center.
    13k Gal. PebbleTec IG pool : Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump : Hayward 8-cartridge filter system : A&A in-floor cleaners : Jandy 115k BTU heat-pump : A&A auto-filler : Stenner 45MPHP10 auto-chlorine feeder : BBB Method