Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009

Hi all I am attempting to recreate our pool build which was created on a different website. The reason for this is because TFP is a much easier website to be able to navigate and use. We built our pool in 2009 and got many ideas from both this site and the Garden Web Pools and Spas. So Here it goes:

Our New Pool Build in Jacksonville, FL
    brentr_gwJuly 23, 2009

I have been on this forum for couple of months now reading and posting and wanted to thank everyone for all the great information and advice.

Here are some specs

New Pool Discription

10 x 20 approx 225 sq ft

3.5 ft to 4.5 ft, approx 6500 gals.

2 swim out benches 5 ft on one side and 10 ft on the other

2 ft waterfall

Bubbler

2 outside returns for dolphin statues

6 x6 tile, Hawaii, blue color

Pebble tec finish

Salt water system

1100 sq ft Tremron Estate pavers, colors are coral, charcoal and south beach

Coping color is coral

92 ft of 12" x 12" footers for pool cage.

1.5 hp pump

DE filter

Possible Heat pump

The pool will be next to a 16 x 20 enclosed screened in patio.

I will try to post some pics. We signed the contract on July 4th and the PB told us we will be swimming in 29days.

6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009

6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

Some more pics later

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is a pic for those of you who think that our pool AKA SPool (Social Pool) is too small. There is over 24 people here in our pool with still lots more room left. The ages range from 4years old to 70 plus years old.

Here is some people playing volley ball

5. Back To Top    #5

I really enjoyed going through the pictures of your build on the other site, and I am happy you are sharing them here, because it was really detailed and fun to read! I hope you will post the pictures of the dolphin bar and flamingo lounge (I hope I got the names right)! I love the setup and I really wish I had the space to do something similar. My property is only 7786 sf...so I'm just happy I was able to fit a pool
    COMPLETED POOL BUILD:
    15'x28' Freeform (3.5'-5.5' deep)-12K gal. Saltwater w/ bay pearl plaster. Jandy equipment (CS 200 filter, 1HP VSP, SWCG). Raypak 5350ti-E Digital Heat Pump.1 LED. 747 SQ Flocrete Decking. Screen Enclosure. 2 Deck Jets. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer
    Dig Day: 2/03/17 | Fill Day: 3/29/17 | First Swim: 4/7/17

6. Back To Top    #6

Daintilus you have a great setup also. I will try to continue posting here.

So the Dolphin Bar and Grill started to change

First we replaced the screen with plastic vinyl but our screen person that he could not guarantee how long it would last probably every 3 years to replace

Well I had been thinking about building an outdoor kitchen and had my friend do a lot of research, pros and cons on DIY. I also had done some research in purchasing one already built or have someone custom build one but these are way too expensive . I bit the dust a few days before 4th July and purchased one already built, something I said that I was never going to do however it was a deal that was just too hard to pass . Hopefully I did not make a decision too quickly and foolishly. I justified this by saying that I needed a new grill and was going to have to spend some money. This is the Fiji Island built by Treasure Islands BBQ. They claim to have built the worlds strongest Barbeque islands. Here are the specs
    - Summerset Stainless Steel 32" Professional Series Grill, rotisserie, infrared back burner
    - Bar dimensions 8ft x 6ft with footrest, seats 6-8 people
    - Counter top is Slate
    - Under-bar lighting
    - Umbrella and umbrella holder
    - GE 4.3 cub. ft Stainless Steel Refrigerator
    - Electrical outlets
    - Frame is welded 1" square steel, painted and powder coated

After purchasing the outdoor kitchen, I realized that there was going to be a problem getting it in the screened Dolphin Bar and Grill area, so I had to quickly modify my screened door. I contacted my screen man and he came out the next day and put in a double door, I also had him replace the screen on the top and put in tinted vinyl so that we could enjoy the bar area and grill when it was raining. I am planning to put in a small sink in the corner behind the bar as I pre planned for one by running plumbing for water and sewer. Just another project in the works They we bought a pre made custom kitchen. I could not pass up on this deal. The price was right

I should have listened to the wife when she wanted me to install double doors, so guess what? I have to have double doors installed in order for the kitchen to be installed.

New sink installed and plumbed to the outside

7. Back To Top    #7

After a few times replacing the vinyl over the summer kitchen we decided to get something more permanent. We wanted something more permanent that the vinyl over the Dolphin Bar and Grill so after many quotes form various companies we decided on Suntuf. We also added another door on the other side of the pool.

Night time pics, looks like diamonds in the sky, this was very unexpected,
    This is a pic from the Flamingo Lounge

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi Brentr. Thanks for sharing here. I also had come across your posts on this forum and other sites, specifically as it relates to researching interior finish colors. Any chance you have close ups of the finish either during or after application? I haven't seen the Beach series anywhere else and your photos look much different than the Marquis series (Quartz based aggregate) Antigua color. Thanks!

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

9. Back To Top    #9

I seem to be missing pics form those couple days. I can tell you that per the builder, he suggested not completely exposing all the pebbles initially. We went with his idea and the past 7-8 years the pool has gradually changed which we think is nice. The theory is that as you brush your pool you removed a very thin layer thus exposing more pebbles. We have noticed more and more exposed pebbles and it looks like our pool gradually has changed. Also hopefully our plaster will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpiebk View Post
    Hi Brentr. Thanks for sharing here. I also had come across your posts on this forum and other sites, specifically as it relates to researching interior finish colors. Any chance you have close ups of the finish either during or after application? I haven't seen the Beach series anywhere else and your photos look much different than the Marquis series (Quartz based aggregate) Antigua color. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10

I found a pic of the plaster

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks, Brent!

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

12. Back To Top    #12

Just an update pool opening 2017

13. Back To Top    #13

I have been wanting to put a sacrificial zinc in place because I have noticed some corrosion on my pump and pool cage. I soldered a long thick pencil zinc and attached it to the bonding wire. The pencil zinc is in the ground about 2-3 inches deep. The ground is moist. I hope this helps

14. Back To Top    #14

Took the pool cover off and tested it. Looking forward to a relaxing day however the Grand Kids came over unexpected and general chaos

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr View Post
    I seem to be missing pics form those couple days. I can tell you that per the builder, he suggested not completely exposing all the pebbles initially. We went with his idea and the past 7-8 years the pool has gradually changed which we think is nice. The theory is that as you brush your pool you removed a very thin layer thus exposing more pebbles. We have noticed more and more exposed pebbles and it looks like our pool gradually has changed. Also hopefully our plaster will last longer.
    I know that this is too late for you but after much searching I finally found the pic of the plaster installation

16. Back To Top    #16

Hi, love the color of your water. I am also in Jacksonville and just starting to look for builders. Hoping to sign something in a few months as i hear it is cheaper in the fall/winter.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki904 View Post
    Hi, love the color of your water. I am also in Jacksonville and just starting to look for builders. Hoping to sign something in a few months as i hear it is cheaper in the fall/winter.
    Thanks Please post pics when you start you process. There are lots of people who can help you

18. Back To Top    #18

Some fun pics of inground bubbler. I can adjust the pressure manually with a pentair never lube valve. it went all the way thru the top of the pool cage and I did not have it on full pressure.

This is the shower attachment and it is really great for cooling off in the heat of summer. Cool rain on your head.

Pentair deck jets

Mermaid Dolphin Statue

19. Back To Top    #19

Very cool little pool, thanks for sharing! I'm a fan of the smaller pools, but I bought a house with a pool, so I'm stuck with what we have.
    Kristin in Henderson NV. Newly Renovated 07/2017, built 99/00, owned since 2012. 15k free form, IG Gunite, Barbados Blue Quartzscapes Plaster, Hayward Cartridge filter, Hayward variable speed pump, TF-100 Test Kit, Walnut Travertine deck & coping.

20. Back To Top    #20

DW wanted new webbing for the outdoor chairs so I replace them. the old ones lasted 20+ years

Old on the right and new on the left

Time to replace was about one beer per chair

Mr Lobster loves the new webbing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast