Regulations for deep end with jumping rock

partypond

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2008
Frisco, Texas
Well, I have been lurking for over a year and now it looks like I may be on my way to being a pool owner. DH says we can wait another year or 2 and get the BIG pool I have talked about with a diving board or we can scale it back and do it this fall. We talked about doing a deep end still but with a jumping rock instead of the diving board. What I need to know is what (if any) are the regulations for a deep end (depth, slope) for an area like this. A simplistic way to explain our idea is doing a 18'x25' free form sports pool with a large 16' circle (6'-7' ft deep) attached to the side as the deep end. Would this area be big enough?? There will be NO head first jumps/dives into the pool so I just want to make sure we have a large enough space for jumping and playing. Thank you for any input you can offer and I look forward to your words of wisdom!! If anyone has picture of their deeps ends with jumping rocks, we would love to see them.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP :wave:
I asked the same question awhile back. I don't know how to make a link, but it is on page 10 of Just Getting Started. 3/12/09. Mark answered the question quite well :)
I plan on having a jump rock/water feature but my pool is not finished yet :cry: I don't plan on it being any higher than 12" though. Don't want some idiot trying to do a 1 1/2 with a twist :lol:

partypond,

You can see pics of my jump rocks on my build thread in my signature. I wish my rocks were a lot bigger. They looked big at the time of installation but after the 4" of concrete is poured they get a lot smaller. I don't sweat it too much because I have the waterfall, raised wall or retaining wall to jump off of.

For size comparisons. The circle in my deep end is 20' in diameter.

Kevin

Not many want to comment on the "regulations", because of legal liabilities. Here's a reference to the ANSI Standards for residential pools. It's pretty complicated, and most builders who install diving boards, or jump stands, will reference these standards, which will be included for the specific product you purchsase, in the Owner's Manual. "Jump Rock" can mean a whole bunch of things, BTW.

Click HERE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.