Hole in PVC inside the Filter

Feb 16, 2013
Cypress, Tx
Happy Paddy's Day to all,
I was planning to change my filters soon and then this week I noticed my pressure at the red.
With all the pollen and all, I thought that might be the reason, so yesterday when I opened to clean my filters, i noticed this one leak on the PVC.

image1[1].jpg
image2[1].jpg

The hole almost seems to be by design.
So I think I do have a problem with this hole. But I wanted to confirm with the experts here.
I have sent a mesg to my PB but I am wondering my options here.
I am still under 3 years.
Should i just close this hole using those sealer Puttys from HomeDepot or get with any plumber to put a new PVC there.
Or get my PB to send his pool plumber to re-do and pay more?

Thanks in advance.

If you are under warranty I would guess the builder will look at it. For things like this most builders are happy to do the work because they get to back charge the equipment manufacture assuming they are authorized repair agents and most are. If I am correct I think it is a flaw in the air vent of the mold, PVC entered the mold farther down that point lets the air out of the mold as if fills. As for a fix absent warranty work I would just use a stainless steal screw.

edit: If the builder won't come out you can call the filter manufacture they will refer you to an authorized repair company.

If you are under warranty I would guess the builder will look at it. For things like this most builders are happy to do the work because they get to back charge the equipment manufacture assuming they are authorized repair agents and most are. If I am correct I think it is a flaw in the air vent of the mold, PVC entered the mold farther down that point lets the air out of the mold as if fills. As for a fix absent warranty work I would just use a stainless steal screw.

edit: If the builder won't come out you can call the filter manufacture they will refer you to an authorized repair company.

Thanks for your reply. I would definitely get it fixed under warranty if I could.
But for now, I am not sure if the hole is by design or I got a leak.

Its this part no 17
CX3030H
on

https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/SwimClear-Cxx30-revB.pdf

the picture on Page 10 too looks with a dark spot.

Thanks for your reply. I would definitely get it fixed under warranty if I could.
But for now, I am not sure if the hole is by design or I got a leak.

Its this part no 17
CX3030H
on

https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/SwimClear-Cxx30-revB.pdf

the picture on Page 10 too looks with a dark spot.

Did you ever find a solution (answer) to your question about the small hole? I noticed the same thing on my piping over the weekend. The piping on my filter is same/similar in size/shape, but is made from a rubberized one piece unit (as opposed to the PVC that you have)...None the less, I have the same hole and was wondering the same thing!

Any info would be MUCH appreciated!

Found this old thread while trying to figure out why I have a hole in the same pipe. Just in case anybody else is looking, it is by design. "During priming of the pump and filter, it allows air to bleed-out of the effluent water path, but due to resistance will not allow unfiltered water to exit the tank." as discussed here