Should I worry about hairline cracks for this season?

I am currently pumping my pool out right now, it wasn't shutdown properly after getting flood water this past August (house did not flood).

I have a leak on one of my skimmer boxes that I am 100% sure is leaking, I suspect the other is leaking so I am going to patch both with epoxy putty.

I got a quote pre flood to completely chip out my pool, staple the cracks and do a complete redo from the tile down but that pool builder is booked solid. Right now in our area labor prices are high, pool builders are booked and well owning a small business in a city that got flooded our sales took a temporary but substantial hit that we would like to recover from.

I don't think the cracks are leaking, if they are it is very little. Is it worth my time to patch them with something while I have the pool empty. I am guessing I have pumped about 15k gallons out with another 15k gallons to go. I really don't want to get in with a chisel and make the cracks bigger for a repair, I am just getting he pool up and running for this season and plan a total redo for next season.

I will get some pictures in the morning of my leak and my cracks. The pool held water just below the skimmer line all fall/winter, so I am fairly certain that is my only leak source of concern.

I did already do some upgrades, I got a new properly sized filter, new pump, new light, picked up some blue mosaic glass tile for when it is time to get the job done right.

If they aren't leaking then I wouldn't worry about it for now. If they do start leaking you can use pool putty to seal them up, it cures under water. My PB fixed 3 cracks in my pool mixing black and white pool putty together to get a sort of matching gray. One of the cracks was leaking and it has been fine for several years now.

1. Pool putty is AWESOME.
2. Pool is filling back up now. I fixed my known leak spot in under 20 minutes. It is water tight.
3. Since I had time to spare and an empty pool I sealed every crack I could reach without getting a ladder (Deep end is 11'6" from drain to the top of the tile line)
4. Since I had my pool almost completely empty I decided to put a shop vac on my main drain. I pulled out a broken bottle piece from who knows when, we think the pool was built in the late 50's. Hopefully I can get some more flow going through my main drain now.
5. Pool putty is awesome.

I have 2 hoses going now, I put some tablets and chlorine in, I will have to run to the pool store in the morning to get everything I need to bring my parameters in check. I think there are 2 cracks that are going to need a little more pool putty, they had damp spots where I stopped the putty at, but I don't think they were major leaks. If I didn't have the pool dry I doubt any moisture would come through. Next task is to replace the light, but I will wait until the weather and water temps warm up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.