Opened up pool

Mar 7, 2016
Arlington tx
So I was bored yesterday and pulled off the pool cover. I knew there would be a few leaves and their were. What I didn't expect was yellow mustard algae on the pool walls and floor. I've kept up with testing the water and adding chemicals and running the pump for 4 hrs each day over the winter to keep it to where it should be. No big deal, just added some bleach and started brushing. Ran the pump and filtered the water over-nite and brushed a bit more today. Its been about 30 hrs now and the pool water is clear and I can see the main drain cover holes in the deep end which is 8 feet deep. I know the chlorine levels are high so I'm going to wait a couple of days and take a fresh set of readings and see what needs to be added or adjusted. Just don't quite understand why I got the algae when the test readings were all right where they should be. Any thoughts as to why??

You sure it was algae and not pollen? Pollen often is yellow (at least in my neck of the woods) and sticks to the walls. My skimmer sock will be full of it and its fluffy appearing.

Otherwise- what were your test results?

Yip :flower:

I didn't take a set of readings before i uncovered the pool but here are the readings from 2 days before I opened the pool. I guess it could be pollen, but I have a full solid cover on the pool, but i guess it could have blown in from the sides..

ph 7.5
fc 5
cc 0
ch 275
ta 100
cya 40
water temp 64

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.