Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storage for chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

Storage for chemicals

Hello, we have an attached garage and a patio without a cover. Is it ok for me to store chemicals in a deck box outside on my patio? Just thinking it'll be a pain to drag jugs of chemicals through the house if we store in the garage. I'm especially wondering about the summer months. In Houston, it averages 95+.

Thanks!!
    First time pool owner
    21K IG; quartz plaster finish
    Pentair 1HP Whisperflo pump; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter; Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Polaris 280; Completed Feb. 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storage for chemicals

Yes, you can store some out in a box but DO NOT STORE MURIATIC ACID ANYWHERE NEAR LIQUID CHLORINE!! (sorry for shouting, but this is a major hazard)

Do you have any shady areas in the yard you could put a box? Chlorine kept in the heat will lose strength pretty quickly so you really don't want to stock up too much.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Storage for chemicals

Ok, good to know! Maybe I'll keep chlorine in the utility room and other chemicals in the deck box then.
    First time pool owner
    21K IG; quartz plaster finish
    Pentair 1HP Whisperflo pump; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter; Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Polaris 280; Completed Feb. 2017