Hard plumbing an intex sandfilter

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hi
I'm getting a 3000 gph 1 hp 120lb intex sand filter. I'm wanting to put in a thru wall skimmer and hard plumb it using 1.5 inch schedule 40 piping. So my question is what would I need to hook up this pvc piping to the intex sand filter?
Thanks in advance
Mike

I think the sand filter uses 1.5" connectors also. Measure the intake and return on the filter before buying parts. You would want to get a couple of 1.5 connectors with a threaded female on one side and slip fitting on the other. The threaded end will screw onto the filter. You should also get a couple of ball valve unions to place between the pool and the pump on the pump intake and between the filter and the pool on the return side. The ball valve unions will make it much easier to remove the pump/filter combo if it needs repair in the future.

I think the sand filter uses 1.5" connectors also. Measure the intake and return on the filter before buying parts. You would want to get a couple of 1.5 connectors with a threaded female on one side and slip fitting on the other. The threaded end will screw onto the filter. You should also get a couple of ball valve unions to place between the pool and the pump on the pump intake and between the filter and the pool on the return side. The ball valve unions will make it much easier to remove the pump/filter combo if it needs repair in the future.
Thanks! Yes I currently have this as my list
1 10' stick schedule 40 1.5"
4 1.5" thread to slip adapters
6 90 degree elbow slips on both
2 1.5" union slips on both ends
And then the two ball valve unions
My only concern is how to get the 1.5" to connect to the pump.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.