Winter closing questions

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I'm really sorry if this is all stupid questions, but I never owned a pool. this will be our first.

I plan on using a SWG.

I know it won't be running in the winter when the pool is closed. When the pool is closed though is one still testing at various times in the winter? I mean what keep the water stable enough so in the spring when the pool is opened again i don't have scaling or other issues?

I plan on having a pro close my pool and would assume they know what they are doing but I want to understand everything for myself also.

thanks and very sorry if this is a stupid question.

I have been reading for an hour now re: all the chemical levels and what i used to changes various levels and i feel so overwhelmed. I fell like I am going to be adding diff chemicals al the time time even if I use a SWG.

But that's a whole other story till I understand everything.

jim

I read that the other day. I just didn't know because I will have plaster that if I have to be worrying about scale and other issues in the winter. So once they get my levels to where the article says they stay pretty constant over the whole winter?

Is having salt vs other methods to chlorinate the pool have any diff effect on the plaster int he winter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.