Overflow outlet?

Greetings. I have been an above ground pool(agp) owner for about a year now. I live in Florida and don't worry about freeze issues. I have been trying to deal with covering the pool from leaves and debris. I found a Robelle 18 foot mesh cover that I think will work great but allows water to pass through. We get tremendous rains here and wonder about the pool overflowing. I have added a 6 in wooden coping. Should I add an overflow Outlet? I was thinking about a penetration in the liner above the return but now think a hole in the skimmer near the highest point of the water level and add a hose type connect for discharge. Any thoughts?

I am working on the same idea. I am thinking of putting a hole at the back, top of my skimmer and making a line to run the water out and away from the pool. That way I do not have to do anything. Now I have to go out and open up the valve I use for backwashing.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.