Jandy ePump dropping water level when attaching Pool Vac

Meike

Feb 26, 2017
thousand oaks, CA
Hello. We are recent pool owners after a move a few months back. We just had all of our equipment replaced. Our Jandy ePump fills with water under normal operation. When we attach our pool vac, through our skimmer (after purging the air out of the lines first), the water level drops down about 25% in the pump. What are we doing wrong? I have tried it with both directly connecting to the skimmer and through a Pentair Rainbow Vac Mate connected to the skimmer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

These types of cleaners are pretty restrictive on the vacuum side of pump. You may want to play with varying the rpm, starting at a lower rpm of 2400 and see how it reacts. Do you have separate line for the main drain? Maybe a picture of your your equipment could help

Is the pool equipment below the water level in pool. Can't really understand why they take your suction lines so far above pump then come back down into pump that way. In fact all the plumbing looks to loop up and back down. Not really efficient on the hydraulics. It also looks like someone tried to remove something threaded into one of the skimmer holes. Anyway you have a basic pool and spa configuration and with no dedicated cleaner line your only option with this is to adjust your rpm so the cleaner is working properly. The other option is to use a robotic cleaner like so many others on this forum

The pool equipment does not seem to be below water level. I'm not surprised that you say the plumbing doesn't look as efficient as it should. We had multiple "situations" with the contractor. I am not sure what was removed from the skimmer hole, as that is how it was when we bought in November. I have slowed down the RPM's, per your recommendation, and that seems to do the trick. I just can't use the Pentair Rainbow Vac Mate, as I then need to lower the RPM's even more, and can't seem to get the water level right with it.

Thank you so very much for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.