polaris 360 help

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
My cleaner works fine 75% of the time but 2 or 3 times a day it will be sitting and the wheels aren't turning..I can pick it up and push them backwards a touch and they will start again..Anybody seen this or know what to check inside the cleaner..I have rebuilt them before but this one is only a few years old.

I just got this cleaner and noticed the same a few times.
What I found was first the screen in the pressure regulator was getting clogged up. Very fine dirt/grit (maybe DE or just sand from pool bottom) was clogging up the screen. In my case I was running the 360 with my waterfall pump which does not get filtered. So I added a Jandy Waterfall Strainer.
Then second, I bumped the pressure up some (adjusted regulator to turn wheels faster then the setup manual specified).

So far this seems to have corrected the issue - but its still too early to tell for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.