Best sealant for Oklahoma Sandstone coping

Feb 14, 2016
McKinney. TX
Pool is now 3 years old and Oklahoma sandstone coping (laminated, fine-grained sandstone that has a tendency to flake) is shedding small pieces and sand onto the steps around the pool. It was sealed (unknown sealant) when constructed, so guessing the sealant has worn out.

I've been web surfing and find 3 sealants that folks like. Wondering if anyone has more info on durability, longevity, etc. The three are Deck-o-Shield ($145 per gal on Amazon), Miracle 511 ($172 per gal on Amazon) and Stone Tech Salt Water Resistant Sealant ($110 per gal on Amazon).

I have a SWG so am looking for salt water resistant stuff. Pool is fairly small (80' perimeter) so estimate about 150 sq ft of coverage needed.

Any/all info appreciated. :confused:

DuPont StoneTec and DryTreat 40sk are top-of-the-line penetrating sealants. You don't wat to use sealants that leave a film behind; you want sealant that you mop/sponge on wet and then soak up the excess with a sponge or rag. The point is for the sealant to penetrate and bond, not to cover the stone surface.

Make sure the stone is properly cleaned first. Most sealer product will recommend removing any efflorescence or staining prior to sealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.