Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool light location help?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool light location help?

I originally have my Hayward color logic large LED positioned on the shallow end wall aiming to the deep end and not sure if I should reverse it and place in deep end pointed to shallow end? Also from all of your experience will another smaller niche led light be needed for the sun shelf it measures about 8x14 to even out the light distribution?I appreciate feedback on this as they are ready to shot crete the pool Thursday!
    Pool depth is 3.6 to 5.6
    Thank you for your feedback

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool light location help?

That looks good to me. We rarely turn our pool light on because it attracts lots o bugs. We turn on lights away from the pool area shining toward the pool are so bugs stay away.

Generally, you want lights to point away from seating areas and away from the house. You also don't want them shining into your eyes in swim lanes if you will be swimming laps.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Couldn't agree more with what DV says and can't add anything helpful to that. Nice view though, really nice!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Couldn't agree more with what DV says and can't add anything helpful to that. Nice view though, really nice!
    Thank you. Do you recommend 2 smaller lights on shelf or will one be sufficient?

5. Back To Top    #5

I would personally only do 1 light if any. Your pool looks similar to mine and I have the same light as you(pro logic 4.0). I'm glad I didn't put more lights in because of the glare and the bugs they attract, I don't turn it on often except to show off for a neighbor. There is an older build thread with a pic of my pool light if your interested in what to expect once completed, good luck
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....