Jandy LXI Heater high limit switch issue(s)

Apr 16, 2015
Rosenberg/TX
To make a short story long, tried the heater the other day and kept getting "High Limit Fault". Did my research and determined that my limit switches are indeed bad. Got the switch closest to the heater (135deg ?) out with no problem. But could not get the other out. Pulled and wiggled and finally got it out--sort of (see attached picture). :(

20170226_102213.jpg
20170226_102149.jpg

Any ideas as to how to get the rest of the switch out? Can I just try to pry out the top with a screw-driver or awl? I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

And once I get it out, should I do anything to remove any corrosion that might be left behind?

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts welcome. Thanks!

Bill W.

With light prying, you could try a scratch awl/small screwdriver and you should be able to get the rest of it out. Should be pretty easy to clean out when done.

Finally getting around to working on this, i.e., replacing hi & lo limit switches. The "top" part of the hi-switch is still stuck inside the housing as shown in the picture. Tried to pry it out with screwdriver. No luck yet but have a couple more tries in me.

Thinking ahead, if and when I get it out of there, should I use any kind of anti-seize compound to prevent this from happening again? Or would that screw-up the sensing of the switch?

Bill W

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.