Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Tile Polish/Protectant

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Tile Polish/Protectant

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could use to polish/protect our pool tile?

Something like car wax?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Pool Tile Polish/Protectant

Coating Systems Laboratories, Inc. - Diamondclear Products, this is one product designed for pool tile

3. Back To Top    #3

TPS protectant is what I covered my tiles with and it works great. We just finished our second pool build and we are using it on this pool too.

4. Back To Top    #4

I dont get excited much about pool products in general, but that looks potentially very good if it works. Something that could help, even with the best pool balance upkeep. Waterfalls, and dark tiles come to mind.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks y'all. I'll grab some of that stuff.

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool Tile Polish/Protectant

Being a silicone material, it's going to leave a film behind. They say it doesn't yellow or crack but I'd like to see more info on that. Here in AZ the sun and heat are so intense, I would be very wary of applying any coating to my tile. If sun exposure isn't as much of an issue, I suppose it could work. Silicones, once dried can become very hard to remove from surfaces. It would be interesting to see some before and after shots if you could post those.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

I am curious if the TPS would be good to apply to tile in Las Vegas, with our sun/heat....?

Built 9/2016 -10k pool, IG Concrete pool/spa - travertine coping/deck - All Pentair Equipment - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filter-Master Heater 400,000- Pump Intelliflo vst - color plaster - rebel cleaner- Auto -tablet-Chlorinator -Screen logic connect- variable pump - Test Kit Taylor 100.

8. Back To Top    #8

I used it on my last pool we built here in Vegas, and I just finished our new pool and we used it on this one too. It never turned yellow, cracked or flaked off.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Owner/Builder View Post
    I used it on my last pool we built here in Vegas, and I just finished our new pool and we used it on this one too. It never turned yellow, cracked or flaked off.
    I may try in a few extra tile I have, i think I would have to drain some of the water to get to the tile.

Built 9/2016 -10k pool, IG Concrete pool/spa - travertine coping/deck - All Pentair Equipment - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filter-Master Heater 400,000- Pump Intelliflo vst - color plaster - rebel cleaner- Auto -tablet-Chlorinator -Screen logic connect- variable pump - Test Kit Taylor 100.

10. Back To Top    #10

If it will take Vegas heat and not crack or yellow, it ought to work just about anywhere on this continent.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem