Hayward AQL PS-4 on/off cycle

Feb 13, 2010
Redlands, CA
Just noticed this morning my Hayward AQL PS-4 is turning on then quickly shutting of a second later and is repeating the on and off sequence indefinitely. Cant get anything to work the way it is now. Tried resetting all of the breakers and powering on an and off. Anyone ever had this kind of trouble with their controller/automation system?

Thanks

Richard Barnhardt

BTW you guys on this forum along with all the information have probably saved me a million dollars in pool stuff over the years. THANKS!

Here is link to a little video for those interested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PiHDxcHa0aMXprNFBLRkJOYzA

Rich,

I have little first hand experience with that particular Hayward product, but it looks to me like a power supply issue. It comes up for a second, goes into overcurrent and shuts off, and just keeps repeating... Just guessing of course.

I'd start disconnect the loads and see what happens. I'd start with the salt cell itself.

Can't hurt and you might be able to narrow down the failure.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Agree about power quality issue. Check for 120 VAC to controls.

Also could be a bad main board or bad display.

Might be a bad connection from the display to the main board.

Where the display plugs in, there are 4 wires red, orange, yellow and green. There should be 10 volts dc from pin 1 to pin 3.

If you have a wireless antenna, try unplugging that.

So just got a closer look and it appears 120VAC being delivered to main board and there is 10 volts DC from pins 1 to 3.

Im no electrician but given that info is it safe to say the display touchpad has gone bad?

Took apart display and couldn't see anything obviously out of place but I wouldn't know what to look for anyways.

If the display does happen to need replacement I am looking at one of these? https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-LOCAL-PS-4-Replacement-Automation-Chlorination/dp/B005IVZJ0C/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1487897225&sr=1-1&keywords=AQL-PS-4

Thanks again

Richard Barnhardt

On my Hayward Aqua Logic Plus unit the control voltage is 24 VDC. You might have a bad power supply. On page four of the diagnostics manual in the link above, in the upper left hand corner is the remote display connector. Across two of those screws should be 24 VDC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.