Configuring New Hayward VSP to existing Gold line controls

Feb 21, 2017
Dixon,CA
I installed a new Hayward ecostar SP3400vsp today. I am having trouble configuring it to my existing controller. The controller is a gold line aqua logic with version 2.02 software. I may have made a mistake by purchasing this, the pump manual states that I need aqua logic version 2.62 for compatibility. However I was told by the salesperson that had done a site evaluation that my existing controller would work. I ended up buying the pump on amazon and did the plumbing and electrical work myself to save money I am looking for advise on where to go from here or if any one can recommend a good person/company to work with in the greater sacramento area for configuring my system or guiding me in the right direction to purchase a new controller. thank you

I have a 15,000 gal in ground gunnite pool. in ground spa. Hayward sp 3400vsp. Hayward t-cell 15 salt generator. Heater. 2 electronic Jandy valves

First welcome to the forum!

I may have made a mistake by purchasing this, the pump manual states that I need aqua logic version 2.62 for compatibility.
This is correct. Same thing a Hayward tech told me.

You have a couple of options, You can run the Ecostar separate from the controller since it has it's own timer. But you would just need to sync the SWG timer with the Ecostar. There is also a way to setup the controller to just turn on and off the power to the pump and use the pump controller to change speeds. That would work as well. However in both cases, you would not be able to change or program speeds via the AquaLogic.

The second option, would be to replace the main board with a newer version. I did that a couple of years ago. You can usually find a used board on eBay for a reasonable price but just make sure it is the correct version because they do not always mark them.

This one does show the version sticker although it looks like a stock photo:

Main PCB Board Repl for Aqua Rite Logic Hayward Goldline OEM GLX-PCB-MAIN | eBay

Double check with the seller.

Do you have any available relays?

By using the filter relay you get one speed. If you use the filter relay and an aux relay, you get two speeds. If you use the filter relay and 2 aux relays, you can control 4 speeds.

Put the pump in relay mode. When the pump turns on, it goes to speed 1. This is controllable by a setting a timer for filter. Filter relay line is 240 VAC from breaker. Filter relay Load is 240 VAC to pump L1 and L2.

To switch to speed 2, turn on the first aux relay. Controllable by timer. Aux relays are 24 VAC from pump 24 VAC supply.

To go to speed 3, turn off aux 1 and turn on aux 2.

To go to speed 4, turn on aux 1 and aux 2.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.