New build in Vegas

IMAZ1218

Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Las Vegas nevada
Good evening,

We are very excited to start our new project and should be digging by March 15th. Pool designer should have first draft available by Tuesday and I will post for review.

I need to start by saying thank you to all the members who have given me advice and been ever so willing to help with lists for subs and the many other questions I have asked. It is because of you all that I have decided to OB this pool.

Along with work, husband and dad duties I will have a major remodel going inside the house at the same time. I may not update as much as I'd like but I will do my best. Can't wait to get this started (and finished ).

So a little about this build. Pool will be 35x16 with a separate 7x10 wet deck to almost make an "L" shape. 35' bond beam on the far side that will have three sheer descents and one, possibly two, bubblers on the wet deck. No spa as we will be using the above ground hot tub we have now and incorporating into the design of the backyard. We still haven't decided on decking between a spray deck and travertine pavers. It's an ongoing negotiation with the boss.

As as this is going on outside, new floors, paint and possibly a new large slider (which will require a major wall renovation)will be occurring inside. Should be an interesting couple months.

Everytime I try to upload a picture of the current backyard it's turned upside down. I will get it straightened out and post some pictures.

Imaz it was great speaking with you, I will be following your progress and I will be starting a thread for mine as well soon. God speed with the 2 different projects and don't forget to have a lot of aspirin handy :cool:.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First draft from designer came back last night. A couple minor changes and we should be pretty good with the second draft. I will post it as soon as I get it from him.

Big Will, it will be great to watch yours as ours is going too. I don't think asprin is going to cut it, so I'll be stocking up on vodka.

imagepng

Second draft came back last night. A couple minor changes to depth and sanitizer. Other than that it's good.

Attachments

• IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 982
Is kind of hard to see the picture... but I'm sure if you post the specs and equipment you will get some very valuable feedback which will help along the way :). I got my first draft of my design yesterday and am currently waiting on the changes. I must say this is very exciting and even more encouraging to see there are several Vegas builds going on simultaneously . Viva LAS Vegas

I can't seem to get my plan posted no matter how I try. So here's the details. Pool is listed at 18,600 gallons. Equipment is listed as 520 SQ cartridge filter, vs3050 pump, and IC40 salt generator. I will have three 24" sheer descents and a LED bubbler on the wet deck.

IMAZ, if you need any local assistance feel free to reach out to me. I've got a solid sub list and have helped quite a few Vegas people with their pools. Good luck!

I know you do. It's been a while but we talked last June. Things came up and our project was pushed back till now. I'm using your sub list and getting bids from a couple others I have found. I was going to email you tonight and see if you were available for a couple questions but dad duties got in the way. Maybe if your available tomorrow. My bids seem to be coming in quite high. Thank you for your continued help.

Been an interesting day. I contacted a sub for a bid on plaster, tile and decking. Ended up hiring him for the entire build. I had heard through other O/B's that he offered this service. For the price I couldn't pass it up. Based on bids I had received so far, it was roughly the same price as subbing everything out myself. Everyone I have talked to has been happy with his work. As busy as I'll be with other interior projects it seemed to be a no brainer. Since I can't get the plans to post I'll post the 3D images from the designer.

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 922

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.