Best Insulated Cover For Swim Spa

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
Hey guys, always appreciate the help here at TFP!

I bought a swim spa off craiglist at a good price. He told me the cover wouldn't hold up much longer, and it seems to be about that time. So I'm surfing the net, looking for recommendations and I came across the "end 2 end" roll-able covers. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Swim Spa Covers | Endless Pool Covers | Pool Covers | Hot Tub Covers | Replacement Swim Spa Cover

I live in Maryland, so it get's pretty cold. I would like it to hold up for a long time and keep the heat in really well as we're going to try and keep it running in the winter next year.

I'm open to any suggestions, I just don't want to pull the trigger on something that looks nice online without having someone with experience tell me a little about it. I searched here and google and couldn't find anything that didn't feel like a commercial.

Well, I checked with "Super Covers" up in Canada. Their anywhere from $2500-$3500, but you can take 25% off because of the exchange of USD to CDN. Still, $2625-$1875 is a little pricey, and that's before shipping...:shaking:

Has no one here run into this issue? I mean, there's got to be less expensive options that work well.....I don't need a name brand, lol.

At this rate, I'll end up paying more for the cover than the actual tub?

Since swim spas have really gotten popular in just the last few years, I am guessing that most people aren't needing to buy new covers yet. Sorry you aren't getting any feedback. This is the start of my 3rd year with my swim spa and I sure dread the day I have to buy a new cover. Have you checked with whoever manufactured your swim spa? Good to know the cost of those end to end covers. I was curious about them, but think they would be too difficult for me to open and close by myself. If it were me, I would call my manufacturer first and check their cost, then just Google to find places for comparison. In Googling, I find a place called Spa Cover Warehouse that will do a custom sized cover. Also spacap.com looks interesting. Probably just do a lot of studying online, unless someone ends up posting advice on here. Let us know what you end up getting.

Since swim spas have really gotten popular in just the last few years, I am guessing that most people aren't needing to buy new covers yet. Sorry you aren't getting any feedback. This is the start of my 3rd year with my swim spa and I sure dread the day I have to buy a new cover. Have you checked with whoever manufactured your swim spa? Good to know the cost of those end to end covers. I was curious about them, but think they would be too difficult for me to open and close by myself. If it were me, I would call my manufacturer first and check their cost, then just Google to find places for comparison. In Googling, I find a place called Spa Cover Warehouse that will do a custom sized cover. Also spacap.com looks interesting. Probably just do a lot of studying online, unless someone ends up posting advice on here. Let us know what you end up getting.

Haven't gotten anything yet. Tbh, everything I found that was decent was $1500+, seems a little nuts for a cover (I think the cheaper ones that would have to be replaced every so often were like $900??). I believe I have a Barefoot Spa, it was made by Hawkeye Manuf. if I remeber correct, but bought out by barefoot. I don't know, it was a CL special I couldn't pass up, lol.

My best line of thinking right now is to keep whats on there, and use a couple layers of solar cover on top of the water for a vapor barrier as well as an insulating blanket. The cover is not in great shape, but it's not 100% done just yet (no rips or anything, you can just tell it's aged a good bit. The seams don't fit snug like they once did). For $2000 it might be cheaper to build some type of removable enclosure around it for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.