Cant Seem to maintain Chlorine

Ok Soo passed the 3 requisites this morning . Just in the nick of time as reagent is very low(have order some replacement Clear choice)

Went from 32-31 , 1 drop of reagent for CC , and water is soooooo clear

Where to from here?

Do I switch on the SWG or allow the FC to drop first and then turn it back on ?

Thanks again, Im very happy :party:

YAY!!! Congrats, mate :) Well done!

This is your FC holiday. Just test every couple days, and when you get down near the high end of your intended range, switch on the salt water chlorinator.

When you get down to 10 ppm FC, then adjust your pH. All good, that's great news :)

Most everyone here would say, "now you get to save some money and not be adding FC for a few days." Jump in and enjoy!

But I also know it takes a while to get comfortable with swimming in 32 ppm FC. The reason we do is because we know there's less of the harsh, sanitizing chlorine (active chlorine) than in a commercial or government indoor pool at 2 ppm FC and no CYA.

But you're new and we've all been there, right where you are now. If you want to drop the FC fast, get some sodium thiosulphate. There's other ways, but thiosulphate is convenient; just use half what you think cause if you overdo it, you'll probably find it hard to get FC back in the water right away.

I haven't seen it at Bunnings, but a pool $tore would have it, or here's a link: Chlorine Remover 1 Kg - Direct Pool Supplies

If by chance you have a source of hydrogen peroxide, that works as well. Other chlorine removers include sodium metabisulphate and sodium sulphite
Rates can be found in post #4 of Calculator or instructions for sodium thiosulfate?

Thanks for the replies.
Kids swam in it tonight and didn't complain.
I was just mainly wondering how to get it to the required level without undoing the hard work. Happy to let it drop on its own.
Stoked I can finally enjoy the pool without stressing about it .

Great site , very informative

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.