Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC keeps coming back

1. Back To Top    #1

CC keeps coming back

About a week ago, I had about 0.5 of CC. I shocked the pool to 11 ppm, tested the next morning, and the CC was gone. However, about 4 days later the CC is back up to 0.5 (even though the FC never went below 2.5) I was wondering if this is normal, and what to do to prevent it. I would hate to have to shock the pool every week (or more!)

Thanks
    14,200 gallon in ground Plaster Pool
    "Titan Vertical Grid Filter" -- Pressure DE, 60 sq ft filter area

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC keeps coming back

CC of 0.5 is nothing to worry about. If it gets to 1.0 then you probably want to do something about it.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CC keeps coming back

Very small amounts of CC are constantly being created and destroyed. Occasionally it gets to a high enough level that you can detect it on the test. As long as it stays at 0.5 or lower, there is nothing to worry about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School