Need help with a new pool project

Jul 3, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Hello! You guys have helped me so much over the years and I have a new project.

We use to live in Albuquerque, NM. Through your help we got a 15' cartridge filter intex pool when the kids were very young and learned how to maintain the water through pool school but I hated that filter.

When the kids got older we upgraded to a 12X24X52 intex with a sand filter that was awesome. That pool is probably still in my signature.

Anyway fast forward and we moved to Colorado Springs for medical reasons for my son. The folks that bought our house loved the pool so we left it. :(

We want to get a pool up here and it needs to be another intex so we can take it down and store it in the winter. Our topography and climate has changed so I want to start out smaller to see if this is feasible in our new climate. We are now in a wooded area so I'm not sure even how long our swim season will be but swimming is so good for my son with cerebral palsy.

I want to get a 15' but with a sand filter. I really hate cartiridged filters. Is this doable? Do I have to buy add on connectors for a intex sand filter to fit a 15'? Also, I'm assuming no way to heat the pool except good old sunlight, correct.

I'm going small this next year because I'm not sure how feasible this undertaking will be. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.