Anyone have a Tidalfit or a Sundance?

Jan 10, 2013
I went by the local spa dealer today to see about replacing my existing (old) hot tub and (tiny) aboveground pool. They are a Tidalfit dealer and recommended a Tidalfit swim spa and a Sundance spa as the price of the dual temp units is so high that it seems to be more economical to get two separate units. So I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with the Tidalfit swim spas a/d/or the Sundance spas. One thing I do like about the Tidalfit is that the swim jets are an option and as I don't want them I won't have to pay for them. I've been using a tether system with the existing pool and it works fine – I don't see any advantage to using swim jets.

Thanks,

John in San Diego

I've had a Sundance (Cameo model) for 6 years now, so I can at least give you my personal experience on that. When doing my initial research, reviews and referrals narrowed my search to around 3 brands, Sundance being one of them. A local dealer happened to carry Sundance so I went in that direction. One of the things I liked about the brand was the warranty. At the time, it's 5 year parts & labor, 10 years shell and cabinet warranty was among the longest offered by anyone. The spa gets a pretty good workout during the summer months, especially during frequent teenagers pool parties. It also braves the oftentimes frigid and snowy Pittsburgh winters. After 6 years the unit runs and looks like the day it was installed. I have had a couple issues along the way though. About 2 years ago, the main control motherboard crapped out. It was replaced under warranty and has been working fine since. The other issue was with some of the colored LED lights being intermittent. Again, an easy fix. All in all I would say that I've been very satisfied with the Sundance spa, and based on my personal experience with this one, would definitly consider another one when the time comes for replacement. FWIW.

BMK thanks for the response. I've seen mostly good reviews and comments on the Sundance spas so will most likely get one of those. I haven't been able to find much info on the Tidalfit anywhere - will have to do some more investigating - maybe they're a young company?

thanks again,

John in San Diego

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.