Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie (to the forum) saying Hi!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie (to the forum) saying Hi!

Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the forum and just donated to be a lifetime member.

I was surfing the forum last night and found so much good info here, that I just had to become a donating member. I look forward to asking all kinds of questions, as I just converted from Baquacil (for the 2nd time) to a salt pool. I am just getting my salt added to the pool and balancing the water (CYA, PH & such). Wired in the SWCG today and should have it turned on and running tomorrow.

Nauidvr1
    18' x 36' inground vinyl pool - 25,000 gallons - Salt (SWCG) Pentair Intellichlor IC40
    Whisper-Flo 3/4 HP full rated 2-speed pump
    Hayward Sand filter S244S (filled with Zeolite or Zeosand)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie (to the forum) saying Hi!

Welcome! I have to ask; Why the two conversions?
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP,
    Pool School has great info on water balance for a SWCG pool. Also, a good test kit is a must. There's another article on test kits. I like the one in my signature.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum

Got some pix of your pool?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by No P in my ool
    Welcome! I have to ask; Why the two conversions?
    Dear No P in my ool - the reason for the 2 conversions: When we first bought the house (was my wife's Grandmothers) 15 years ago, I had to rebuild the entire pool (new liner, pipes, pump, filter & fresh water). When we put the water in the pool I chose to use Baquacil and had nothing but good luck for 10 years, then the problems began. So I converted to chlorine for 2 years, then the liner had to be replaced (did this myself). I thought since I had such good luck with Baquacil for the first ten years and the water was going to be new again (no Baquacil saturation or build up) I would go back to Baquacil - bad move, I had nothing but trouble for 2 years. So that bring us up to now - converted this year when I opened the pool and decided to go with a SWCG, I just wish I would have read this forum before I bought a Pentair IC40, I probably would have gone with something else (one of the more recommend ones here on the forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Welcome to the forum
    Got some pix of your pool?
    Butterfly - I do have pics of the pool, I'll post some in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJ
    Welcome to TFP,
    Pool School has great info on water balance for a SWCG pool. Also, a good test kit is a must. There's another article on test kits. I like the one in my signature.
    DaveNJ - I ordered the TF100 right away after reading the board and becoming a lifetime member. I hope to receive it this week.
    18' x 36' inground vinyl pool - 25,000 gallons - Salt (SWCG) Pentair Intellichlor IC40
    Whisper-Flo 3/4 HP full rated 2-speed pump
    Hayward Sand filter S244S (filled with Zeolite or Zeosand)

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi and welcome.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.