Intex SWG Model 8231 PCB fried need 2 bypass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'Day all, first post so bee kind!

Long and short of it is that I have the Intex 8231 (now discontinued unit since ~ 2011)
Has had minimal use but went to turn it on one day and nothing, nada zip, no lights on controller.

Friend pulled it apart and basically he said couple of the solder pins had broke contact and fried something.

Intex were bloody useless as well as Australian distributor. No help, no parts...nothing.
(one would think that parts would be available considering the cost of these units . . . ridiculous to say the least)

Anyway, I have seen youtube vids of folks with similar issues with more basic units.
They have bypassed the controller and just created a bridge so that you plug the unit in and physically
turn it on at the powerpoint in the shed (and put that on a timer).

So that's what I want to do but the wiring they show is diff to mine!

Anyone done this bypass specifically to the 8231 model?

If so I'd love to get a breakdown of which wires go where.

Thanks in advance and i look forward to any help from you guys.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2017-01-19 12.55.55.jpg
    2017-01-19 12.55.55.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 2017-01-19 12.56.10.jpg
    2017-01-19 12.56.10.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 48
From my understanding of SWG's there's not really any "bypassing" that can be done - the circuitry is part of the generation process. Any attempt to bypass circuitry that lowers the voltage to the actual generation cell could result in you accidentally sending line-level current into your pool, something that obviously would be very, very bad.

That circuitry is not there just for looks...it actually does things. You can't just take it all out, rejig a few wires, and expect things to work the same on something like a SWG.

Don't try to hack anything electrical when it comes to your pool. I'd look for an electronics repair facility that would be willing to assess the PCB and see if it's repairable. If that's a no, then honestly....look at sourcing a replacement unit, even if it means replacing the whole unit, not just the board. Better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.