NPT glass tile with and without mesh backing

Jan 13, 2017
El Paso, TX
I have narrowed down my selection to the following 2 NPT tiles: Arctic 1x1 lagoon, and Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend (also 1x1). I am just putting the tile at the water line, spillway, and the edge of the steps. I like the Arctic, but love the Jules. Only issue is that the Jules has a mesh backing, and it is probably about 1/3 thinner than the Arctic. My biggest worry is the mesh backing causing tiles to pop off if the mesh gets water, deteriorates, etc. I assume that they are both good quality tiles as NPT carries them - but I'm not sure about that assumption.

I have read many articles about not using mesh backed pool tiles, but NPT says no problem (of course) as do many pool builders. They say no problem as long as it's installed correctly following their guidlines. Am I just overly worried for no reason? I would prefer to go with the Jules but not if I am going to have tiles popping off in 4 years.

Thanks.

All tiles spa with Jules from NPT, over 4 years old and no issues.
37f277b930fe6d284017631af1d427b9.jpg

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.