Ready to make the switch to robots....which one is best for climbing walls

I am also in the market for a robot. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 options. I'm also planning to use my Citi Mastercard which I believe will extend the warranty by 2 years (although I've been burned by credit card extended warranties before).
Dolphin Nautilus Plus
- Not sure about the capacity of the filters for leaves, but I like that it has 2 suction slots on the bottom

Doheny Discovery = Cayman = S200 = Pentair Prowler 920 = ...
Did they release a new version of this? The price is back up to $799, says "NEW", has the 2x speed brush.

Seems like the manufacturers (A) need a test drive program and (B) need to stop making competing robot models that all do basically the same thing. Why Dolphin has as many robot lines as it does is just silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also in the market for a robot. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 options. I'm also planning to use my Citi Mastercard which I believe will extend the warranty by 2 years (although I've been burned by credit card extended warranties before).
Dolphin Nautilus Plus
- Not sure about the capacity of the filters for leaves, but I like that it has 2 suction slots on the bottom

Did they release a new version of this? The price is back up to $799, says "NEW", has the 2x speed brush.

Hi all!! I did go ahead and order the Doheny Discovery AKA Cayman AKA S200. The price as of today is $799. I called and let them know others on this forum had got it for $649 and they gave it to me for the same price. :) So you all just saved me a whopping $150. Thanks everyone!! I hope anyone else wanting to get it will read this and benefit from this post as well.

Dolphin Nautilus Plus

Oasis z5 Has 3 year warranty for same price. I think it's actually cheaper and pretty sure it's the same thing.

Hi all!! I did go ahead and order the Doheny Discovery AKA Cayman AKA S200. The price as of today is $799. I called and let them know others on this forum had got it for $649 and they gave it to me for the same price. :) So you all just saved me a whopping $150. Thanks everyone!! I hope anyone else wanting to get it will read this and benefit from this post as well.

That's awesome! You'll love your robot! Now, what are you going to name it??? Mine is Wall-E

I've got an old Polaris 9500 or 9400 4 wheel drive. When working, it does slightly better than the Doheny's Discovery I bought this past summer. The Discovery, so far, is dependable. Sometimes the Polaris won't work and I got tired of getting it fixed. I got a deal on the Discovery last summer 2016 for $650 but now they want $800. Not sure if I would buy at that price. I agree that none of them clean the walls that good and you are going to still have to brush if you have an algae problem. I've also got a Polaris 280 that works pretty good. The 280 is great for a lot of leaves. The robots don't do as well with leaves. One thing I would say is that you always need a backup in case one breaks since the turn around for repairs is so long and you don't want to get in a jam and have to use the hose.:mad:

I've got an old Polaris 9500 or 9400 4 wheel drive. When working, it does slightly better than the Doheny's Discovery I bought this past summer. The Discovery, so far, is dependable. Sometimes the Polaris won't work and I got tired of getting it fixed. I got a deal on the Discovery last summer 2016 for $650 but now they want $800. Not sure if I would buy at that price. I agree that none of them clean the walls that good and you are going to still have to brush if you have an algae problem. I've also got a Polaris 280 that works pretty good. The 280 is great for a lot of leaves. The robots don't do as well with leaves. One thing I would say is that you always need a backup in case one breaks since the turn around for repairs is so long and you don't want to get in a jam and have to use the hose.:mad:

Good advice. The smartpool cleaner I got actually does well with leaves and I'd imagine the dolphin active20 discovery etc do well too with the big opening on the bottom. My older dolphin couldn't get the bigger leaves very well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have any of you robot owners had trouble with the cleaner causing damage to your pool steps? I saw a complaint about this in an Amazon.com review.

Also, any ideas on when prices on robotic cleaners are at their lowest? Seems like we should be seeing lower prices this time of year.

Thanks!

Have any of you robot owners had trouble with the cleaner causing damage to your pool steps? I saw a complaint about this in an Amazon.com review.

Also, any ideas on when prices on robotic cleaners are at their lowest? Seems like we should be seeing lower prices this time of year.

Thanks!

if you let the brushes and tracks wear down and have the plastic hitting things, then yes it could damage things, otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

No issues with any damage from the robot here. It is hard to imagine that it could cause damage to plaster/pebble. The robot is much softer, pliable material and would itself become damaged first if there were an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.