Icicle from my jet?

Mokes

Jan 14, 2017
Holden, Ma
Hi all,

New guy here. Quick question for the pros.

We have a small 12' above ground pool. Steel.

We have had a lot of rain, some snow and varying temps. I have probably 2' of ice on my liner right now thanks to our last warm up, then the temps dropped fast and everything refroze before I could pump water off the liner.

Now it seems water made it past the eyeball cover and an icicle formed from the opening on the outside of the pool.

Is that a concern? Little nervous about all the weight on top of the pool too. Brand new pool. I love my little drinking pool.

No leaks otherwise, but should I do anything or just leave it be?

I get home very late, so unless it's perfect timing, I don't have anyway to drain the cover on a warm day.

We do have a pillow in there, but it slid over to one side.

I should have come here earlier. Great forum.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Really not much you can do until things melt.

Can you post a picture of this icicle?

Sorry, been away. Got home late. Water is somehow making it past the eyeball cover though. Some ice built up in the nozzle for the hose. No pic for now.

Also, we now have water dripping from the side of the skimmer gasket? Not a lot, but some.

Any idea what is causing that? Is the pool deforming from the weight of the ice? Scared to release the cable for the cover.

It looks fine visually.

The water dripping from the return is normal. The water dripping from the gasket, maybe not so much but could be due to ice on the inside of the pool pushing on the wall. Wait n see how it comes along once the pool thaws. If anything, you may have to replace the gasket in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.