Adding Chemicals to Refilled Spa

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
I have just drained & refilled my 2,360 gallon in-ground spa. A few quick questions:

1. Since the daytime air temperature is around 40F, would it be advisable to turn on the heater as the first step?
2. Should the water circulate a while prior to adding any chemicals?
3. Is there a recommended sequence to adding chemicals?
4. When in the sequence should salt be added? (I might note that during this time of year I plan to keep the SWCG off & adjust the FC level with liquid bleach).

Thank you so much.

Hello Kit. I see it's been a few days and your thread hasn't been replied to yet, so I wanted to say hello and hope that this :bump: gives your thread a little activity. I'm not a spa owner, so it's not my strongest point, but there are a few basic rules of thumb:
- You can add the salt anytime. Since you chose to run your spa as a manual chlorine (non-SWG) product for now, just stay on-top of the manual additions as needed.
- For your sequence of adding chemicals (which you may have done already), generally we want the water sanitized first and at all times (FC level). But you also balance FC with the proper CYA (stabilizer) and of course keep an eye on pH and TA as well.
- We always let the water circulate for a bit when adding chemicals (slowly) to the water.

If you haven't read it already, you might like the information found on the TFP How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?) page. Lots of good stuff there. Sorry for the delay and hope you have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.