Waterway executive 56 troubleshooting

waverz

Aug 3, 2014
evansdale/iowa
I've been helping my neighbor lady with her hot tub over the last couple of years and have a problem that I can't figure out myself. I have an idea of what the problem might be but would like another opinion.

She called me stating her "pump 2 wasn't working". Pump 2 is the pump that runs the jets. The pump doesn't hum nor does it do anything at all when controlling it from the panel.

When pushing the the button to change pump 2 speeds you can hear an audible click. That tells me the relay on the board is functioning.

I then checked for power on the pumps terminals. This is where things get weird. I have 120v on the common, high, and low terminals all at the same time regardless of if the button is pressed on the panel or not.

I was unable to verify if the pump spins freely do to it's location.

I tried replacing the capacitor mounted on the top of motor and still had no luck.

Do these motors have a start capacitors under the rear covers?

If it was the start capacitor wouldn't the pump at least him if it had power?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.