Aqua Trol generating issue

I just installed a new Aqua Trol (AQ-TROL-HP) unit. Powers on fine and the power & generating lights are illuminated. After a few minutes the generating light goes off and the check salt and inspect cell lights come on. I have manually checked the salt level and it is at 3000. The cell is brand new and does not have any deposits/build-up.

This is what the Aqua Trol diagnostic display shows right now (pump is off):
75p
AL-3
r1.47

According to the manual that came with the unit (page 13 under display diagnostics) #6 :
"Product name sent to the display ("AL-6" signifies "Aqua Trol" (STD), ("AL-7" signifies "Aqua Trol Return-Jet")". I tried to manually change the product name to AL-6 but the only options I have are AL-0, AL-1, AL-2, AL-3, AL-4, & AL-5.

When I switch from AUTO to OFF and back to AUTO the generating light stays on but the next day when the pump turns on it starts up fine but then stops generating and the check salt and inspect cell lights come on again.

Any idea what is going on?

Note: my neighbor ordered the same unit and his automatically set to AL-6. Could my PC board be bad? Very frustrating!!!

AquaTrol only works with a T-5 cell.

AL-6 should be selected. Since you're on AL-3, I think that it expects the amps of a T-15.

Since it's new, you should file a warranty claim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.