Buyer Beware! Amazon Re-Seller Sent Borate Strips In Hydrogen Peroxide Container

bxcrwlly

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 3, 2012
Central Florida
For the benefit of forum members, I want to relay an incident that recently happened to me when I purchased the Lamotte Borate Test Strips from an Amazon Re-seller. The Re-selller "Number 1 In Service" sent my Borate test strips in a container previously containing Hydrogen Peroxide test strips. I received them 12/22/16. I suspect the Borate strips may be cross-contaminated by the previous contents of the container. I haven't tried them yet. The color scheme on the Hydrogen Peroxide bottle is obviously incorrect. I contacted both Amazon and the Re-seller direct an am awaiting feedback. I'll be a bit more cautious on choosing a reliable seller for this product in the future.

By the way, I have used the Lamotte Borate Test Strips for a few years and have found them accurate and helpful to determine Borate levels. I know the forum store sells them too.

If your desire is to buy on Amazon, TFTestKits does sell through Amazon. Other reliable suppliers include - Amato Industries and Mark's Pool Store.

If your purchase issues are not properly resolved then please do write an on-line review of the experience so others can benefit. Most sellers on Amazon are pretty good and the small sellers do try really hard to be proactive. But, in every group, there can always be a few bad apples. Amazon doesn't tolerate bad sellers for very long so make sure they know you're unhappy and they'll do their best to pressure the seller to make you whole. I have been a regular shopper on Amazon for many, many years and I can honestly say their customer service has always been excellent. I have even had refunds on purchases that were over a year old with no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JoyfulNoise......Amazon rep was quick to offer resolutions. Still awaiting Re-seller response. I actually tried one of the strips and they actually are measuring Hydrogen Peroxide. Green in color. Apparently, not only was the container mislabeled, the strips are actually for testing HP vs. Borate. What a mess. Will pick up resolution after Christmas.

Those strips are used for Baquacil pools since the primary oxidizer in a Baquacil pool is peroxide.

Seems to me that the seller messed up and put the wrong bottle of test strips in the mail. Hopefully they'll contact you soon and send you the correct product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it looks like a simple mistake of grabbing the wrong bottle, though I do see the sticker on the bottle is wrong.

Thanks for the order from TFTestkits.

Sellers and retailers are generally a pretty hard working bunch and it's how they handle the mistakes and then take measures to prevent them that separates them out.

Of course, repeated mistakes, regardless of how innocent, will be the demise of your business. You have to fight constantly to make sure customers get what they want as rapidly as you possible can and then handle ANY error with humbleness and SPEED.

Cut your supplier some slack when you can.....hold his feet to the fire when he really deserves it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.