New Pump Pentair Intelliflow 3HP issue running Polaris sweep

I suspect that it's just due to the single 1.5" line for suction. The line can only support so much flow before there are problems.

The initial issue seems to have been the air leak in the main drain.

In any case, thanks for the update and keeping us posted.

:goodjob:

The Super II is not as strong of a pump. Also, if the skimmer and main drain were both open, that would help as well.

There might be a partial clog to the line, but that's hard to determine.

One way is to use a pump to vacuum the line from the skimmer side to see if anything comes out. Remove the pump lid so that it only pulls from the skimmer line.

If you're having a service person come over, they should be able to do it.

OK, got main fixed. Running skimmer/main together, vacuum pressure drops to -12, power was at ~1900@3000RPM and filter pressure is at 20. Much better. And pool sweep appears to be running normally. I will check it in a bit to make sure it filled bag properly. It was sucking up but not able to push leaves into the bag - it just stuck in the sweep tube.

Much better. Since the Polaris has it's own booster pump, it does not really rely on the main pump at all other than being fed about 15 gpm.

As long as the main pump is moving some water with no air, the Polaris should be fine.

For your pool, I don't see any reason to run the pump at 3,000 rpm. You would probably do ok at 1,000 rpm.

Thanks again for your help. I opened up valves for all three and vacuum dropped to about 5, pressure jumped to 25 and Watts stayed about the same I think. Checked sweep and it still is not pushing leaves into bag. I will check it out tomorrow. It may have an issue itself. I have only rebuilt it about 50 times. I will test slower RPMs once I get my pool back to non-green.. ;)

oh and the pump bowl was full with basically no air.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
finally got a chance to look into my sweep issue. looks like the WMS just below the jets is either cracked or coming apart on both sides. looking at the replacement part it appears they are all one piece. guess i will break it down and see if i can do anything about them. in the mean time i am ordering another WMS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.