Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Temperature

1. Back To Top    #1

Temperature

My pool water is ALREADY 86 degrees! And its not even July yet......
    18ft. Arcadia Round AGP - 19" Sand Filter, 1 hp pump
    Foam cove/ Gorilla Pad/ Wedding cake steps
    Sta Rite Lil' Shark cleaner and Aquabot Pool Rover cleaner - Aqua-Luminator light and return flow w/fountain attachment
    Added Borates 5/19/09 Taylor K-1005 and Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Tests

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Temperature

Tell me about it. Our pool water was just filled a week ago and its already 76. And we are all they way up in NY. At this rate we will be 86 by next week. Its increased 1 degree per day with just the sun.
    16ft wide x 32 ft long 4.5 deep shallow end with slant straight to deep end of 6.5ft, there is no flat shallow end, Est 20,000 gal. Pump, Hayward Pro Series 300lb Sand Filter, Laars Lite 2 Gas Heater, The BBB Method, TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine was 89 degrees in Tampa, FL area. Almost TOO hot. Anyone make pool water coolers?
    ~13000 inground plaster
    150sq Ft Cartridge Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I know I got in yesterday and was sweating while I was floating...... so I got out and got back into air conditioning.
    18ft. Arcadia Round AGP - 19" Sand Filter, 1 hp pump
    Foam cove/ Gorilla Pad/ Wedding cake steps
    Sta Rite Lil' Shark cleaner and Aquabot Pool Rover cleaner - Aqua-Luminator light and return flow w/fountain attachment
    Added Borates 5/19/09 Taylor K-1005 and Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Tests

5. Back To Top    #5

I went from 80 to 92 in 2 days now that we finally have the sun this state is known for. if you're serious about cooling, you can run the pump at night through solar panels if you have them, or make an evaporative cooler.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by reebok
    I went from 80 to 92 in 2 days now that we finally have the sun this state is known for. if you're serious about cooling, you can run the pump at night through solar panels if you have them, or make an evaporative cooler.
    Finally had sun in NW Indiana today...water temp with the help of my solar panel went from 68 to 72 in just the afternoon. But more rain tomorrow, and then sun the rest of the week. Love that solar panel though...when the sunshines.
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

7. Back To Top    #7

It's all a matter of personal preference.

We are older folk and quite frankly find our pool to be most comfortable once it's 90 degrees which, thank God, it finally is and will most likely stay 90 or above, Thank God well into September or, with luck, October.

LOL but that's our preference.
    27ft. Round AGP - Sunk 2ft. in ground - Expanded Depth Liner - 6.5 ft. center depth 22.5K gallons - gunite floor under vinyl liner - center depth "main drain" - extra outlet from filter - Hayward C900 filter - Hayward in-line chlorinator - Hayward 1.5HP 220V "SuperPump" - 21 Yr AGP "veteran"

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by cubbybeave08

Finally had sun in NW Indiana today...water temp with the help of my solar panel went from 68 to 72 in just the afternoon. But more rain tomorrow, and then sun the rest of the week. Love that solar panel though...when the sunshines.
    You're not using your solar blanet are you?

My cover's been on, heater's been off, and my water is 78. :P
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybeave08

You're not using your solar blanet are you?

My cover's been on, heater's been off, and my water is 78. :P
    yeah I have been using it...but we haven't had much sun for the solar heater to acutally work...when I do have sun...it goes up 4 degrees, but the kids want to swim during the day and if I don't take the cover off they don't swim...so last week I had the cover on for 4 days two days it rained and one day was cloudy...Friday was sunny and warm, and Saturday I took cover off it was 74...Sunday it was 74 and yesterday it was 74...I don't want to keep putting it on and taking it off. It is a pain...You used your heater to get it up to 80+ degrees, but I can't heat if I ain't got sun...This week is perfect example...cloudy with rain but warm...WHat to do!...I made the decision that I didn't want the expense of running gas line 80 ft to the pool...
    Beave

10. Back To Top    #10

My heater has been off since the end of May.
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

11. Back To Top    #11

My heater has been off since the end of May.
    Stop Ranting at me... All I am saying is that having a heater got your pool up to the 80s...and then your cover held it there. My cover holds it when it is on... But I don't always have it on...that is my preference. I guarantee that when I get back from the lake I will be looking at hot water...I am leaving the cover on to keep Chlorine up, and Heat in...do you leave your pump on for a few hours each day while you are gone.
    Beave

12. Back To Top    #12

Run it 24/7. Too lazy to get a timer. remember I have a 2 speed.

If I lived closer I'd check on things for ya...

I shocked before I left to 16, left the cover on, pump on low and came home and FC was 8!

All I'm sayin is it better be 86 degrees on the 4th or IM NOT GETTIN IN!

13. Back To Top    #13

Run it 24/7. Too lazy to get a timer. remember I have a 2 speed.

If I lived closer I'd check on things for ya...

I shocked before I left to 16, left the cover on, pump on low and came home and FC was 8!

All I'm sayin is it better be 86 degrees on the 4th or IM NOT GETTIN IN!
    If I have to run water straight from the hot water heater...It'll be 86...But stop ranting...You're scaring me...
    I'm gonna have Kristen come over a couple of times and empty skimmer basket...with cover on it should not pick up too much debris...I think I will run six hours on from 10 to 4 pm...this way I can keep solar heater on and pump heat into pool...It shuts off when pump shuts off, this way it does't reverse and cool at night. I planed on going up to atleast 14 and letting it fall from there.
    Beave