Covered Pool, and FC loss of only .5 in a week!

Self Evident

Bronze Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Polk County, FL
"Closed" the pool about 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. And by close, I mean I just put a big tarp like cover on it, and reduced pump run time to 2 hours a day. I only even bothered with the cover 'cause I was getting tired of skimming & fishing out leaves every day (skimmer couldn't keep up). And I don't know if running the pump really matters while the pool is covered, but it does reduce my paranoia that the swamp may be slowly returning under cover of... well, the cover. However, if the FC level is any indication of water condition, I needn't worry, as it's been steady for a week now. Of course, I shouldn't jinx myself and even say anything yet. Oh well, too late...

Anyway, for the FC number freaks (CYA is maybe 40ish)*:

11-29 Brought FC up to shock level and covered the water.
Code:
Date   Hi   Lo  FC

11-29  84 / 62  16.5  5:45pm
12-01  82 / 62  14    4:45pm
12-05  84 / 64  10.5  2:45pm
12-08  69 / 55  8.5  10:45am
12-11  78 / 51  8.5   9:30am
12-13  82 / 60  8    10:15am
12-16  77 / 63  8     2:00pm

That comes out to an average of .5ppm of FC loss a day. And less lately. And never any detectable CC. And while I'm glad the FC is holding, I wish I didn't have to stare at that ugly tarp all covered in leaves. (It's not actually covered in that many leaves yet, it just sounded more dramatic to say it that way...)

So, no question or trouble ('cause of TFP!), just a "yeah" for the low use of FC.

Now comes the hard part. This was my first TFPC summer, and because I started with a black lagoon, I kinda got used to measuring FC (& everything else) all the time. Actually, I've kinda gotten addicted to it, and now I get twitchy every time I walk past where the test kit is stored...

There needs to be a "TFA" (Troubel-Free Annonymous) forum. Oh, wait, never mind... :)

Self -(Trouble-Free Addict)!- Evident

*Regarding CYA: I measure it to be <35 (half-way between 30 & 40 when the dot disappears). However, I have the CYA 50ppm standard, and with the standard, the dot disappears near the same level, maybe a smidgen sooner. So, I'm calling it 40 for FC purposes (of the pool water), as it's been a while since I last measured it, and that seems to be working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.