draining water

speg80

Jun 2, 2015
ontario/canada
Mod Note: This was moved from this thread Winterizing 2-hole skimmer

Sorry to highjack your post but I have a similar problem. I have been closing my pool for the past 5 years with no problems, I have a diverter at my pump for my main drain and skimmer, my new neighbor asked for me to help him close and he has not diverter but has two holes in his skimmer, one to main drain other to the pump. I plugged the hole to the main drain and blew out the line to the pump/skimmer and plugged it, now when I remove the plug to the main drain to blow it out it keeps filling back up with water....what do I do now?

Re: Winterizing 2-hole skimmer

now when I remove the plug to the main drain to blow it out it keeps filling back up with water....what do I do now?

When you remove the plug and clear the main drain line (and start visibly seeing the bubbling effect), wait 1 minute and then quickly plug the line with a black rubber plug to leave air in the system. The key is to keep the water below the frost line. Are you putting the plug back quickly? What type of compressor or blower are you using. The switch has to be quick, and I mean "quick".

Re: Need help about drain water feom main drain line

speg80:

Please start your own threads from now on. HiJacking a thread is not allowed. I just answered your question on another thread. If no shut off valve exists, you will have to use a black plug at the pump or in the skimmer, which what I believe your main drain location, as in your previous question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.