New pool owner in need of help

You know what Chad? That is not a bad idea..........your CYA is a little high for a pool in a cage, your CH is high AND your FC is high. Draining some of the water would "fix" all of those.

Use Pool Math and see how much it says to drain and refill to get your CYA down to 30. Watch where you put the water as the high FC may not make the plant life happy.

Kim:kim:

I've decided to add hydrogen peroxide to my pool and try to bring down my fc that way first. I don't have a storm drain by me to let the water run off in to. If I drain the pool my only option is to let the water run down the street into my neighbors yards and might damage their grass.

So I figured I will try to bring down the fc. Then see what my other readings are. If at that point I need to drain the pool it will be safer for our yards.

Does this seem like a good option?

Well I thought think I'm on the right track but still a long ways away from being done. I have a lot more hydrogen peroxide to add to the pool to get my FC level down.

FC- 44
CC- 0
PH- 7.3
CH- 750
TA- 50
CYA-60

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone. I'm back. Finally got around to testing my pool. Here's where it's at.

Fc-16
ph-7.6
ch-750
ta-90
cya-60

Its getting better but still not where it should be. Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.