I started on our pool last Thursday. I put in 3 big jugs of bleach and kept it at shock level. The next morning it had went from nasty green to a chocolate milkish color. I have continued to shock it since then but see NO improvement. Here's where my problem is..... It says to leave your pump running 24/7 well after about 3 hours it pretty much stops filtering and I have to backwash. I have been leaving it on 24/7 but by midnight i'm sure it's ready for a backwash. What is the point of leaving it on if it's not "working" after 3 hours at night? I've dealt with the green "pond" for the past 3 years. Almost always it went from green to very cloudy blue within hours. This year it went from green to chocolate milkish color. I've done everything the same. Any advice?