Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reinventing the Wheel

1. Back To Top    #1

Reinventing the Wheel

Just moved into a house that has a pool. So as a brand new pool person, what do I do? Call for help (No internet access in the beginning). Advice from a relative was add this much chlorine and so much of this and so much of that and you'll be fine.......

Little did either of us know that the previous owner was a fan of Baqu-Goo (Didn't find the empty bottle of stuff hidden in the basement until after we finally got the pool clear). Who knew pools could turn such pretty colors??? Anyway, after days and days of dumping chlorine, the water is finally clear!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I moved into the new house, got the boxes unpacked, pool looking good, and finally got internet access (amazing what you take for granted until you move out into the sticks). Then I decided to do some searching on-line about pool maintenance and ran across this site. All I can say is... I WISH I HAD ACCESS TO THIS FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! You guys (and gals) are Fantastic! Learned volumes already. Now instead of threatening to fill in the swamp I've been fighting, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Sorry this is so long, just had to vent a little.
    11k gal IG, fiberglass, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Reinventing the Wheel

Hey, flipper,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lot's of nice people here to help with any other questions that come up. Glad you're here.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Flipper,

Whoa, baqua-goo Glad you got that cleared up

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Stick with this place and all will be well Welcome!
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.