June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

Thank you! I had a great time taking pics and contributing to the visual encyclopedia for TFP! 8)

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

[attachment=0:1l32xa5k]TFP Pics 005.JPG[/attachment:1l32xa5k]
[attachment=1:1l32xa5k]TFP Pics 004.JPG[/attachment:1l32xa5k]
[attachment=2:1l32xa5k]TFP Pics 003_small.JPG[/attachment:1l32xa5k]

Attachments

• TFP Pics 003_small.JPG
    TFP Pics 003_small.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 285
  • TFP Pics 004.JPG
    TFP Pics 004.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 289
  • TFP Pics 005.JPG
    TFP Pics 005.JPG
    453.9 KB · Views: 285
The contest is long over, but if you have photos that you think might be a good addition to the encyclopedia, by all means submit them. There aren't any prizes, but photos that are used with still give credit to the user who submits them. As before, only pictures you have personally taken of items that you own are eligible.

With the visual encyclopedia, we aren't trying to have a picture of every possible piece of equipment, but rather a survey of examples of each kind of equipment. Therefore, I probably won't take every photo you submit. But I am always looking for new pictures of things that haven't been covered yet.

Just at the moment, there is a particular need for a good photo of the new Borax box.

Jason

Jason I would like to submit pics but I would like to annotate and point to things on the pics like Casey in the first set of pics. How do I do this? Is there a free program that I can download that would allow me to do so?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brentr said:
Jason I would like to submit pics but I would like to annotate and point to things on the pics like Casey in the first set of pics. How do I do this? Is there a free program that I can download that would allow me to do so?

There probably is, but it depends on your hardware / Operating System as to what will work... For those running a defective OS like those from Microsoft, I've heard "paint" will work. On my Linux box, running KDE as my Windowing manager, I use Digikam, but there are lots of choices on Linux, depending on your personal preferences.

I would post back with more info on your computer / OS, and see what people suggest.

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Brentr said:

There probably is, but it depends on your hardware / Operating System as to what will work... For those running a defective OS like those from Microsoft, I've heard "paint" will work. On my Linux box, running KDE as my Windowing manager, I use Digikam, but there are lots of choices on Linux, depending on your personal preferences.

I would post back with more info on your computer / OS, and see what people suggest.

Gooserider

Oh boy, an OS war!

...I think there are better places to do that. The truth is that every OS has a decent selection of free programs that can do this, but more importantly didn't Jason ask that this not be done as clean photos are preferred?

Yes, I prefer clean photos. At the same time it is always good to have, and know how to use, a photo editor.

There are many many choices of good photo editors. On Windows InfanView is good. It doesn't do a whole lot, but what it does it does really well.

Brentr said:
I am running windows XP and it sure would be nice to have a free program..........

Google knows all... there are lots of free programs, as I mentioned above. Another one that you might want to try is "Gimp" which is available here: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ ...You can download it from that site (click "show other downloads") for pretty much every operating system out there and it is completely free. It is also reasonably powerful, in some areas maybe too much so...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.