Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

1. Back To Top    #1

June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

{EDIT}The contest is now closed! However, new photos are always welcome.{/EDIT}

Summer is on its way! Pools are open and swimming has started, so it must be time for another exciting TFP contest!

We are putting together a visual encyclopedia of pool equipment and accessories for Pool School. To do that we need good photographs of every conceivable kind of pool equipment and accessory. Please submit your photos to help build the encyclopedia and be entered for a chance to win cool prizes. The contest runs through June 30th.

Take pictures of your equipment and post them in this topic. Clear photos of individual pieces of equipment are preferred. For complex pieces of equipment, different views will often be needed. The best pictures of each kind of equipment will be selected for inclusion in the encyclopedia. Practically anything used with the pool is an appropriate subject, pumps, filters, brushes, covers, leaf rakes, even popular pool toys.

The prizes are: a Wall Whale Brush, a Floating Duck Thermometer, a set of Squid Divers, and an Underwater Light Show.

The user who submits the most photos that are selected to be used in the encyclopedia will win first prize. Three other users who submit photos that are selected to be used will be selected at random to win second, third, and fourth place. The first place winner will select their choice of the four prizes. The second, and then third, place winners will then have their preferred remaining prize. The fourth place winner will receive the final prize.

All photos submitted must be taken by you, of equipment that you own. No commercial photographs or photos taken from web sites are allowed. By submitting photos, you grant TFP the right to use your photos in the visual encyclopedia. All photos that are used will credit the photographer by their TFP user name. The selection of photos for inclusion in the visual encyclopedia are at my sole discretion. But fear not! Many many photos will be used!

TFP is a user supported swimming pool care help forum. Your contributions keep us on the web. Our mission is to provide a place for pool owners to share their knowledge, and to promote a system of pool care that is simple, inexpensive, and trouble-free. Keeping the site running smoothly is surprisingly expensive. Your contributions are what make this outstanding resource possible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

First things first, you need the best test kit around!

Pool Toys

Chemicals

Measuring Cups

Pool

Pump & Filter

Pool Accessories

We all need water!

Vinyl Liner

My Lounger

Gotta have the MUSIC!

And the clearest pool in the neighborhood!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Casey for getting us started with the first contest entry and the first six photos accepted for the visual encyclopedia! Some of my favorites from among your pictures weren't exactly what I am looking for for the encyclopedia, but are still wonderful pictures. Thank you for your huge effort and for working with me to resolve the problems with posting your pictures.

You can see the visual encyclopedia as it grows here.

We are just getting started. There are still dozens of items that need photos. There is no need to label the photos in the image its self. When ever possible, please try to show one item at a time, rather than a collection.

---

Casey - 6
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason,

Any specific size you want these uploaded as? 320x240?
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

320x240 is a great size! Larger than that is also acceptable. The final images are going to be around 320x240, but I can do the resizing if that is simpler for you.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    320x240 is a great size! Larger than that is also acceptable. The final images are going to be around 320x240, but I can do the resizing if that is simpler for you.
    The computer I am holding doesn't happen to have a decent way to resize that far down easily...I hope what it did do doesn't mess them up too much!

If you like any of these but need a better shot, just let me know![attachment=0]Picture 002.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000g, 18' x 36' IG, Sta-Rite System:3 cart. filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

How do you post more than 3 photos per message?

...I would wait for an answer, but I am on a roll. I hope that I am not doing something annoying here.

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

still more...

10. Back To Top    #10

...and more....

11. Back To Top    #11

hmm...no on around begging me to stop so still more...

12. Back To Top    #12

13. Back To Top    #13

Last one, for now, I promise!

14. Back To Top    #14

If you want ideas for pictures. I think a series of pictures showing someone how to get a pool vacuum hose filled with water and hooked up to the vacuum plate would be great.

dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
    If you want ideas for pictures. I think a series of pictures showing someone how to get a pool vacuum hose filled with water and hooked up to the vacuum plate would be great.

dave
    Great idea
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

Thank you WATERWORT for an amazing effort, with fourteen photos accepted for the visual encyclopedia!

You can see the visual encyclopedia as it grows here. We have only just scratched the surface. There are still many many more items that need photos.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
    a series of pictures showing someone how to get a pool vacuum hose filled with water and hooked up to the vacuum plate
    This is a wonderful idea, but it is more of a tutorial than an encyclopedia. The contest is for the encyclopedia. Still, if anyone wants to make photo tutorials, I am sure we can find a place to display them.

---

WATERWORT - 14
    Casey - 6

17. Back To Top    #17

Let's see if I can help build this encyclopedia......I don't have much to add that hasn't already been sent in, although I do know several things that would make great additions. I just don't own the products!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

18. Back To Top    #18

Here are few more...

19. Back To Top    #19

.....and more.....

20. Back To Top    #20

and finally.....

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast