New Build - Frisco, TX

LOL once she gets tired of bonding with the pool you can set up a sprinkler to do it for you. Just make sure it hits all areas of the pool.

LOVE the colors and stones you have picked! PRETTY!

Now with the water line tile look through the box to make sure there are no ugly ones-color, chips, cracks, etc. They are all going to be different. Some people have gone so far as to set out the tiles how they want them to go with a good mix of color and shades of colors. Better you pick how it looks than someone else.

Kim:kim:

Kim,

Thanks for all of your valued information!! This morning Mother Nature was nice and bonded with the pool so I just got done bonding with it again today. It is kind of peaceful out there hosing it down.... But soon it will be really cold again= not so much fun.

I haven't been on here much lately, earlier you had asked if H likes swimming or has swam before, he hasn't (one big reason for the life jacket). He has only been in kiddie pools with my nephew and loved it, he also loves hoses and sprinklers. A few months ago the kids were playing in my mom's ponds and he wanted in there so bad and they wanted him in there but H wasn't comfortable with the steep drop off from the rocks. Plus he would have taken up the whole pond, lol. In my mind I see him curious and hesitant at first but then loving this pool so much I'll have to coax him with treats just to get him out. We also made the tanning ledge huge (mainly for him) just in case he doesn't love the swimming part of it. A few people I've talked to say dogs know how to swim, they doggy paddle...and like you mentioned of your bulldog, not all dogs do. So this will be a new adventure once it's time to see how he takes to it. :)

I'm ready for the next phase of the build!! I know it's wait, big day, wait, delay, throw in holidays, wait... Big day, wait. ;)

Thanks, D

Water line tile completed today. Stone work started. If the weather holds out, stone will be completed in a couple of days.

At one point during the day we had 12 guys working in our yard. D had to double up on her hot chocolate service!

Thanks, R

t1.jpg

It is going to be fun to watch H learn how to use his pool. LOTS of pics please! That is cute about him wanting to swim with the boys but not wanting to commit to it!

Does that tile work look good up close?? It sure is pretty in the pic.

12???????guys working at one time?? NO WAY! Is there any hot chocolate left in your area? LOL

Nice to see such good progress!

More stone cutting completed today.

Good group of trades again today working in 20 to 30 degree windy weather. (word has got about D and her hospitality and 100 questions a day for the PB)

20 to 30 degrees may not be cold to some of you, but in Texas we huddle up together and shiver in anything under 60 degrees!

We are very happy with the variation in color of our OK flagstone coping since we are going for a rustic look to match our home.

Thanks, R

c1.jpgc2.jpgc3.jpgc4.jpg

It is going to be fun to watch H learn how to use his pool. LOTS of pics please! That is cute about him wanting to swim with the boys but not wanting to commit to it!

Does that tile work look good up close?? It sure is pretty in the pic.

12???????guys working at one time?? NO WAY! Is there any hot chocolate left in your area? LOL

Nice to see such good progress!

I will have to take a lot of pictures on his first day for you!!
The tile work looks great up close! Very happy with how it turned out!! They definitely took pride in their work.
It was funny on the hot chocolate... I saw about 6 people out in the back so I went out there and asked who would like some... Then one guy pointed down the side of the house and kept counting and there were 6 more. Luckily I had enough to go around!! It's amazing how much stone will be needed for the back wall. They have been cutting and cutting and it's not even close to enough yet.
I was awake again around 4:30 am with thoughts spinning in my head about this pool. Brain needs to stay shut off while I should be getting some shut eye! It's exciting and stressful all at the same time!
Thanks, D

Looks like I am going to have to step up my game...the stone guys will be cutting it up in the cold a little south of you. Off to the store for some high end, organic, non GMO, gluten free, fair trade, cage free hot chocolate.

Looks like I am going to have to step up my game...the stone guys will be cutting it up in the cold a little south of you. Off to the store for some high end, organic, non GMO, gluten free, fair trade, cage free hot chocolate.

You crack me up!!! I'm sure you can do plain ol' hot chocolate!! So far they've loved their coffee, apples, cuties, belvita breakfast bars, granola bars, animal crackers, the list goes on.. Oh and Gatorade!
Good luck with your stone work being done!!!
Thanks,
D

LOL on him pointing around the corner and counting off more.

Yeah they do talk to each other and share what they like or do not like about job. We had one build a couple of summers ago where the home owner took too good of care of the guys so that they drug the work out so it would not get done and they could come back the next few days LOL. Their boss caught on when he over heard them talking about making it there in time for breakfast! He went with them and stayed while they finished!

I can't wait to see H trying out his pool. I have ideas that have worked for other dogs I can pass on if he needs them.

Only cut? Not put on yet? We spent so much time picking out that one! :roll: This will be the time for him to shine or sink! Remember to smile even while talking on the phone as it will come through. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL on him pointing around the corner and counting off more.

Yeah they do talk to each other and share what they like or do not like about job. We had one build a couple of summers ago where the home owner took too good of care of the guys so that they drug the work out so it would not get done and they could come back the next few days LOL. Their boss caught on when he over heard them talking about making it there in time for breakfast! He went with them and stayed while they finished!

I can't wait to see H trying out his pool. I have ideas that have worked for other dogs I can pass on if he needs them.

Wow on dragging out the work... good thing the boss caught on!
For H- I will definitely ask you if we need them! Thanks so much!

D

Brrr to the cold, feels like is 4 degrees right now with a chance of light snow later today. Needless to say it's been to cold to do any work so I'm looking forward to next weeks forecast... high of 62 on Monday. Crazy Texas weather!

D

Warm weather = progress during a winter build!!!!

PB stepped up and made the correction to our stone work.

Some of you may not be impressed with our lack of "bling", however we are going for more of a rustic look to match our home and personal style.

"cement ponds" with beautiful TFP water are the best!

Thanks, R

s1.jpg

That is AWESOME the PB stepped up about the stone work. Did you get any push back about it? Did he say how/why it happened?

Hey now TFP water IS the MAJOR bling in any pool! It will look great and everyone will love it! Your water will look like jewels!

That is AWESOME the PB stepped up about the stone work. Did you get any push back about it? Did he say how/why it happened?

No push back at all from the PB on the stone work. We didn't ask how/why after he said "we will fix it"......Stone work looks great now after they cut it smaller.

A bunch more stone work and sheer descents were completed today.

I feel oh so sorry for our neighbors on each side of us....They both work from home and the noise in our backyard is crazy loud with all of the stone cutting and singing going on.....D may have to work some of friendly neighbor magic on them!

D found another mistake today.....They didn't form the 4 inch arm ledge around our spa......No push back at all from the PB on the arm ledge. We didn't ask how/why after he said "we will fix it"

Thanks, R

I fall in the category of paying attention to detail and being a perfectionist (which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you ask, lol). So I'm not sure where my brain has been, it must be overloaded with to much to miss something so big until now. When the pool started I made sure to measure, double check, check all pipe placements, equipment pad placement etc. Today I went out to take a look at the stonework and as I was admiring the spa... It just hit me!!! Where's our arm rest ledge????? I think it was the fact that I wanted the ledge mainly for my head and neck to not hit the coping while leaning back and when looking at the coping that's what sparked the bulb. Then the oh no moment struck! So I called hubby to let him know and then called the PB. PB said he doesn't know how that was missed and they will take care of it. I asked if it was ok shooting gunite on top of gunite like that and he reassured me it was.

So, may I ask your opinions on that matter? I know we have a shell warranty, but is it ok to shoot gunite on top of cured gunite like that?

Thanks,
D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.