Hurricane Matthew

Have you tried taking a net and pulling it backwards to swirl the water and get them off the floor and then scoop them up? A lot of people try pushing them with the net to get them in and that rarely works for me. If you have two people one could brush to swirl them up (or get in if you don't have two handles) and the other person can catch them in the net?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best kind of net for this:

Shop Aqua EZ Nylon Pool Skimmer with Deep-Net Skimmer at Lowes.com

See the little lip on the top? You will kind of nudge the leaf and it will go into the bag. You will then have to move the net around a little to get the leaves towards the bottom of the net. Keep going until you have the bag filled about 1/4. Do not try to go much more or you will start losing leaves.

Get in and pick them up???? BURRRRRRRR I bet though.

Kim:kim:

Our water was at 83 yesterday afternoon after the storm, so it shouldn't be *that* cold. I'm a pansy when it comes to cold water. Just watch out for the gator that took shelter in the bottom. :)

Stores are still closed here. These leaves are almost sticky and won't swirl up. I don't think going in would help as they're all just stuck to the bottom. I'm thinking I'll just turn on the pump to get most of the little stuff and make sure the bigger leaves don't cover the main drains.

Here's the thing. You clog your drain (if they don't make it to your pump filter basket) and you'll have a bigger problem you can't solve by yourself. If it were me, I'd just jump in and get it done. Now, I've only owned a pool for two years, but that's what I would do. The long-term pool owners will be along to offer other suggestions I'm sure.

Hubby braved the 80 degree water and got most of the big ones. I'm running the vac and will frequently check the pump basket. Good news is chlorine level had only dropped to 6 (brought it up to SLAM level before the storm) and my too high CH is now at a more acceptable 460. My CYA went from 70 to 50 so I'll need to bring that up a bit.

Well, 12" of rain in Fayetteville. About 4 more forecast. My pool is waaaaay overflowing. Had to go out in a hurricane and reel in the solar cover because the winds pulled the reel into the pool. Had to go back out to stop my grill as the wind was pushing it towards the pool.
Its bad...

Our garden is destroyed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.