What size is my return fitting?

Sep 19, 2016
Guthrie, ky
I want to order a slip washer, but i cannot figure out which one. The site i am looking at has three Hayward washers to choose from but do not offer any dimensions or thread size. I have looked every where on my fitting and cannot find any part numbers.

There is spx1023z3, spx1025z3 or spx1025z3 opt 3720-80

The site i am looking at is called poolpartsonline.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

The Hayward skimmer & return come as a package. Perhaps you can find the series number on the skimmer somewhere. I found my skimmer manual on the Hayward website. It lists the skimmer parts & numbers, but only shows a pic of the return without part numbers. Could this mean that they are "universal"? I don't know. Maybe a call to your local pool supply store may at least give you the part numbers.
Mine has two rubber washers plus a fiber (cork) washer. The rubbers are the same.
I don't know which return you have, but mine is the SP1023. Below information is based on that.
While poking around the Howard website, I came across the manual for Skimmer / Return HERE

Another search of their site led me to the following info HERE
SP1023G 1.5" FIP Return Fitting w/Sandwich Gasket for ABG Pools Replacement Parts
SPX1023Z3 Fiber Washer
SPX0023Z2 Double Gasket

I found the whole return nozzle kit online for under $10 HERE Hayward Above-Ground Wall Fitting w/ Locknut & Gaskets - SP1023G
The liner goes between the two rubber washers. They are #2 in this pic. I would replace all 3 gaskets considering the low cost of them since you already have the pool drained and parts apart.
14vijip.jpg

Good luck

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, my skimmer was sp1091 but in the site i was looking at, it did not have that listed so was at a loss. I tried measure it and looking at other sites to see if i could figure it out. Finally i did call a pool store and they indicated they are mostly universal but i guess that doesn't mean always and i did not want to order and then have to return. This part is really cheap and i don't think you have to really use it, just works a bit better if you do, so i drove to a local pool store with my return in hand and got it replaced, still don't know the part number.
And as a surprise the skimmer gasket was much cheaper there then any place i found online, that surprised me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.