"Green" low odor Muriatic Acid

cjpwalker

Silver Supporter
Sep 1, 2016
Yakima, WA
I bought this stuff at Home Depot - all they carry at ours:

Kleen Strip Green Muriatic Acid.

There is no indication of strength on the bottle or the sds other than "<30%"

Many of the Q&A answers say 20% (and go on to reference TFP and pool math - awesome!).

Is there any way to find out for sure, and if 20% is the number I'll give ya' a nickel if you add that to pool math! (That's a lie - but there is a "thanks" in it for you!)

It is 15.7%, half strength, half of 31.45%, and it is already in a PoolMath. :thumleft: I'll take the nickel. :) I buy my MA at Lowes and it is "in the back" on a overstock aisle. They also have it in the paint department maybe find an old guy and ask if they carry the full strength somewhere.

Hey, that works for me - thanks!

Next time you're in Yakima swing by and I'll get you that nickel...

I saw it a lowes after, but this is already bought so I'll use it up.

I was enjoying the steady, slightly falling ph while I was on the trichlor tabs to get my cya up (new pool). It hit 40 this weekend, so it looks like I'm starting the tfp method. It came up fast - thought I would be able to hold out until closing.

It is 15.7%, half strength, half of 31.45%, and it is already in a PoolMath. :thumleft: I'll take the nickel. :) I buy my MA at Lowes and it is "in the back" on a overstock aisle. They also have it in the paint department maybe find an old guy and ask if they carry the full strength somewhere.
If your Lowes is link mine, the blue label full strength is going away. I talked to my store manager and he said that it was part of Lowes effort to carry a higher percentage of "green" products and the full strength stuff is no longer in his ordering catalog.

If your Lowes is link mine, the blue label full strength is going away. I talked to my store manager and he said that it was part of Lowes effort to carry a higher percentage of "green" products and the full strength stuff is no longer in his ordering catalog.

Lol "green"...
Half the product = twice as many plastic bottles, twice the volume to ship, and coincidentally twice the relative price.

Reactions: Shirker
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.