algae and no chlorine

I did mine outside next to pool and got the same results with 2 different kits

No harm done here. Can you please post up a full set of results and give us an indication on how the pools water looks and feels? A SLAM may be in order. If I recall you had some algae issues. You have confirmed that your CYA is at 60. What about everything else? Thank you.

I SLAMed my pool and it's great!! 1 FC drop at night. 0CC Love the new test kit. FC is at 4 as of yesterday. CYA 60. PH is 7.4-7.5. TA 200. Have to look at that. CH is 200. I got all this and my pump just crapped out. Burned up the start winding. I changed the capacitor and it was running great. It's about 8-9 years old. Little did I know that it was wired incorrectly. Long story short, it's dead and going to get a 2 speed motor. Do I need the 1hp pump cranking all the time. Just need to circulate and run SWG. I was looking at STS1072RV1 or STS1102RV1. I have a 1hp hayward superpump now, but do I really need that 1hp? I don't think I do, just to circulate/skim and get chlorine out. I don't backflush or vacuum. Motor side is toast. Wetside is just fine. Just want to change out motor. Thanks

I would suggest getting a 1 HP 2 speed motor to match what you have impeller wise. Remember, most of the time you will only be using the low speed, so at that point it is no longer a 1 HP motor for all practical purposes anyway.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.